Q NEEDS TO ADD A WAY TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS

Options

I have a client who pays all other vendors via electronic check. She says their accounting software generates a payment link. I have talked with Q and they do not offer any such service. We can only MAKE electronic payments.

In today's business world we need to be able to make payments easy for our clients! PLEASE! Add this feature!!!!

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Have you talked with your bank about this? Most banks have the means already established to receive and accept electronic payments via several different methods, such as EFT, ACH, wire and P2P services like Zelle, Venmo, PayPal and PopMoney. The received payments can be set up to be deposited directly into your checking or savings account. Then when you download transactions from your bank the received payment transactions will be added to your checking or savings account in Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Theoretically, all you should need to provide this vendor are the Routing Number and Account Number of your checking account, from the MICR line at the bottom of your checks.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, but for me that would raise concerns regarding providing too much information to the customer that might compromise my bank account security. I would need to know well and deeply trust that customer (or any business, individual or organization) before I would provide that information.

That's why I suggested talking with the bank because I'm pretty sure they have options for accepting electronic payments while providing a high level of security and account protection.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Every time you pay by check, you are literally handing over that information.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel - I agree with that 100%. I have read so many stories about why not to use checks. There are many opportunities where someone could take the account and routing numbers off your checks, along with the address and driver's license number if you also have that on your checks. After my financial advisor warned me about using and sending checks in the mail, I have made a concerted effort to find other means of payment.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

For the most part I stopped using checks at least 10 years ago with few exceptions. I still do pay 2 bills by checks each month (via DC Bank Bill Pay) but they both have assured me that they do not record the routing nor account numbers. They simply take all the checks they receive to the bank and deposit them there. I then I have maybe an additional 2-4 hand written checks each year…again, for people I know and trust very well.

While I can't eliminate using checks entirely (at least not yet) I am doing everything I can to restrict who gets my checks to people, businesses and organizations that I have a lot of trust in.

This discussion has been closed.