Automatic download issues

Options
Jon Foster
Jon Foster Member ✭✭

I have so many issues with downloading transactions, that it is difficult to know where to start. I have 15+ accounts set up ( Schwab, bank of America, American Express, Citibank, fidelity, and a few others) under one step update, across multipe institutions. Wondering what is the simplest way to just from scratch and delete all existing connections and reestablish. Some of the issues I am seeing:

1. One step update does not update all the accounts consistently - I need to go to each account to trigger the update
  2. I need to deactivate and reactivate continuously to get transactions to populate
  3. The summary screen after "completing" a download is wonky. It often does not provide the details of what was updated ( which it used to do); it just provides a "success" header. And just today, I went to one of my Schwab accounts and triggered an update, and teh summary screen told me my FIdelity accounts were successfully updated
  4. Some of my accounts, in the account register screen show the last download date and time ( i.e., " Last download on August 9, 2023…" OThers do not, even though they are connected.

Any advice for me? THanks

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like you might have a runtime.dat file corruption issue. It's not as bad as it sounds and it is not hard to fix but it can take a little time to complete the entire process. You can review the fix process at: Time date stamp [of last account update].

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like you might have a runtime.dat file corruption issue. It's not as bad as it sounds and it is not hard to fix but it can take a little time to complete the entire process. You can review the fix process at: Time date stamp [of last account update].

• Jon Foster
    Jon Foster Member ✭✭
    Options

THanks for the guidance. I went forward with your suggestion, and manage to get all accounts now showing the last updated date ( albeit not without numerous wonky Quicken behavior). Too early to see if my other issues are resolved, but we shall see. Thanks again,

FYI - I have never had much luck with the reset option - i go right to the deactivate> activate path.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I'm glad it worked for you. All of the issues you noted in your original post are common symptoms of runtime.dat file corruption issues. I think that they should all be resolved but be sure to let me know if that is not the case.

BTW, I know that deactivate/reactivate can more reliably resolve connection issues but it also can be quite disruptive to the accounts if the reactivatation setup process goes, as you say, wonky. It will sometimes change the account opening balance, add a 2nd opening balance transaction, add duplicate transactions and/or, if we don't watch and manage the process closely, change the account type or get matched to the wrong account. I will usually try Reset Account first because there is far lower account disruption risk. Then if that doesn't work I will go the deactivate/reactivate route.

This discussion has been closed.