Older Version of Quicken Available?

Options
Deaj
Deaj Member ✭✭

I'm running windows 10 & need to merge 2 investment accounts (with 20 years-worth of entries) in the same file into one account. On another post, I ran across the information that as of Quicken 2019 (R5.11), a feature that allows you to transfer one security or all your securities from one account to another was added.

Can I acquire Q2019 somehow, or is this feature available on successive versions?

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Current subscription Quicken for Windows uses a file format that is compatible with QW2016 and after.

2018 was when Quicken went to subscription, so a feature in 2019 will be in current Quicken R51.12.

So, yes, that feature is in current Quicken, but it has been around a lot longer than that. I know for a fact that "Shares transferred between Accounts" has been available since at least QW2013.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Making the title relate to the question will get you better/more responses, as is, your title of "older version of Quicken available" gave me no clue to your real question and I almost did not read it.

I'd start a new a question with a short title that is relevant.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Current subscription Quicken for Windows uses a file format that is compatible with QW2016 and after.

2018 was when Quicken went to subscription, so a feature in 2019 will be in current Quicken R51.12.

So, yes, that feature is in current Quicken, but it has been around a lot longer than that. I know for a fact that "Shares transferred between Accounts" has been available since at least QW2013.

• Deaj
    Deaj Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Splasher!

Yes I'm aware of the "Shares Transferred…" action, which leads me to another question, on another topic, which may not be appropriate here, having to do with the merging issue. Should I post somewhere else?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Making the title relate to the question will get you better/more responses, as is, your title of "older version of Quicken available" gave me no clue to your real question and I almost did not read it.

I'd start a new a question with a short title that is relevant.

• Deaj
    Deaj Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks once again, splasher.

I will be moving my question to the Investing forum, since there are already similar questions posted there, which I have used unsuccessfully to fix my issue.

This discussion has been closed.