In Q Mac, how do I turn sound on and off?

Options
rwf100
rwf100 Member

down loaded Quicken for MAC, 7.2.1. About the same time I lost sound and can find no way to turn it on or off. Tech support by telephone unable to solve problem.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm looking for a ka-ching when I make an entry in the check register. It worked until a couple of days ago.

In Quicken Mac, current subscription version? To my knowledge, there has never been any sound for making a register entry in modern Quicken Mac.

Do you hear the sound when you delete a transaction? (You can enter a dummy transaction and then delete it, just to test.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• rwf100
    rwf100 Member
    Options

no sound

• jacobs
    Options

What sounds are you looking for? The only sound effect in Quicken Mac that I'm aware of is the whoosh sound when you delete a transaction(s). There is no Quicken control for that sound; it just uses your Mac's volume setting.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There must be some control for it somewhere because I never hear that woosh regardless of the system volume setting.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Ah, it's controlled by the setting for User Interface sound effects on the Sound tab in System Settings.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• rwf100
    rwf100 Member
    Options

Sound tab settings in System Settings are all OK and work in other programs, but not Quicken.

• rwf100
    rwf100 Member
    Options

I'm looking for a ka-ching when I make an entry in the check register. It worked until a couple of days ago.

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Quicken Mac, current subscription version? To my knowledge, there has never been any sound for making a register entry in modern Quicken Mac.

Do you hear the sound when you delete a transaction? (You can enter a dummy transaction and then delete it, just to test.)

• jacobs
    Options

There is an Idea thread — a request for a feature enhancement — to add a transaction "ka-ching" sound. You can add your vote for it.

This discussion has been closed.