Quicken changed the setting for Investments - Simple vs Complete (edit)

Options
wimplister
wimplister Member ✭✭

Windows Version R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12

Recently, when I open an investment account, an account summary is displayed. Where can I find the account register to view individual transaction details?

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit the account details.

Change the setting from Simple to Complete

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit the account details.

Change the setting from Simple to Complete

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@wimplister - If you don't want this to happen when you open a new investment account, again, I suggest you go to Edit > Preferences > Investments > make sure the box for Default to Simple Investing for investment accounts is unchecked > OK.

Also, if there were any securities transactions completed during the time when you had Simple Investing set up (no transactions register), those transactions would not have been downloaded. To get those transactions entered into the register you will need to enter them manually. Alternately, you could restore a backup file from just before when this issue occurred, make sure Complete Investing is set up for the account and then do One Step Update which will download the transactions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• EvansWitt
    EvansWitt Member ✭✭
    Options

So Quicken just decided to switch some of my investment accounts to Simple. Complete disaster.

• EvansWitt
    EvansWitt Member ✭✭
    Options

Good theory….no such option under preferences investments. Argh.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

SO… has that old Preferences setting been removed in more recent versions ?

I'm still running R47.xx - as all the R50, R51, R52 - had issues I didn't want to deal with -

>Edit > Preferences > Investments >

make sure the box for 
    Default to Simple Investing for investment accounts is unchecked > OK.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am running the latest version (R51.12). I think it was with R51 (but am not absolutely sure) that Enable Simple Investing (track positions only) was changed to Default to Simple Investing for new accounts. Here is a picture of the Preferences screen for this. And, yes, it is there (the picture posted here was just snipped of it).

But this issue with Complete Investing being switched to Simple Investing has existed for a while before that. So in earlier versions uncheck the box for Enable Simple Investing (track positions only) instead.

Also, be sure to go to the General tab of Account Details for each investment account and make sure that Complete - Positions and Transactions is selected and not Simple - Positions Only.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.