My Sign in screen will not populate.

Options

I bought a Microsoft Surface PC Go 2 running Windows 11. I installed Quicken from a file I downloaded a few weeks ago on my PC and my Data Files are in the Cloud so they transferred automatically to the new Lap Top.

My file loads, I see it on screen, but then the Sigh In Screen pops up but just stays blank, it never populates.

I told Bard (Google's AI) about it. His solutions were to unplug my modem a while which I did and it did change the problem after the modem was back up and running.

Next, Bard Questioned whether Quicken ran on Win 11. I think it does because I see my accounts and register on my screen until the pop up to sign in comes up.

Do I need a different Quicken install for Win 11? The only thing I see is when I launch Quicken, on the Desktop the "Red Logo" says "Quicken Premium" but o laptop it says, "Quicken".

Next suggestion from Bard is to uninstall and reinstall Quicken. Before I do that, I thought I would ask advice here.

Thanks

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

> my Data Files are in the Cloud so they transferred automatically to the new Lap Top.

You won't be able to reliably run Quicken from a cloud/server location. Move your data file to your local drive, typically in the Documents folder.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

David, there was this discussion yesterday of the same issue. Unfortunately no solution mentioned but the OP never posted back, so perhaps just a temporary issue.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David Christopher
    David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mary, I have don it all and still can not get past this empty authentication screen. This screen gives me trouble every time I get prompted to authenticate again on my desktop. Now it is really taunting me on new computer.
    As far as One Drive making it not work goes, it works just fine on the old desktop, so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I just have to walk away from it for a while. Some solution may pop on here or in my head if I ignore it a while.

This discussion has been closed.