PNC download issues

Options
rr380
rr380 Member

Hi, are there any more fixes in progress for PNC downloads? Worked great for a few weeks but I've now had a misssing check and two missing transfers. Not sure I'll continue with Quicken if the error rate goes back up on my PNC accounts. Hey I've got 68 days left on my subscription, so if the errors can't be minimized I'll be done at the renewal. I had given up on the product but tried again when I saw the big PNC fix around a month ago.

I'm on Version r51.12 build 27.1.51.12 windows 10 home

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @rr380,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with PNC? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• rr380
    rr380 Member
    Options

My connection method is Express Web Connect +.

Approximately 4 weeks ago I decided to try Quicken one more time despite significant out of synch issues on my PNC account balances. Coincidentally there was a software update that said (top of the text) that it was to fix PNC connectivity issues. Looked good for a few weeks, my balances stayed in synch. However, I recently noticed two of the accounts out of synch once more. I get no error codes or messages, I simply look at the balances as compared to the PNC site and noticed two did not match. So far it's been easy to find the missing transactions and I entered them manually. However, if it becomes more difficult I'll have to find a different app.

• rthiema1
    rthiema1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am experiencing a similar issue. As of 8/13/2023 transactions are no longer downloading. Online balances also do not update.

• rthiema1
    rthiema1 Member ✭✭
    Options

My issue has been resolved. Apparently PNC required re-authorization with Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Regarding those missing transactions that you manually entered: Did they later download during a future OSU or Update Now process?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• rr380
    rr380 Member
    Options

As of now the missing transactions have not downloaded. Could you confirm whether quicken is still actively working this issue?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I am a user just like you. I have about as much insight into what Quicken is working on when it comes to specific issues like this as do you. Have you reported this to Quicken via Help > Report a Problem or by Phone or Chat ( https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support )?

Since i have not seen others posting about the issue you reported and I don't think an Alert about it has been posted, I think we can be pretty sure that Quicken's Development Team has not even heard about your specific issue if you have not reported it.

• rr380
    rr380 Member
    Options

thanks, Boatnmaniac. I'll give that a shot. I google searched on how to report an issue and didn't find these instructions, so thanks.

• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And after the recent server issues that Quicken had, the handshake with PNC is no longer working even though I have reset the Quicken/PNC log in at least 10 times, Quicken says that the account needs to be re-signed in. Which I have done ad nauseum. Manual downloads QFX files is the only way right now. The servers do not like each other.

• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And just like that, PNC is now re-connected to my desktop Quicken. We will see how solid it is.

• fnatale1
    fnatale1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am running into the same problem as chriskay. This has been happening with PNC Direct Connect. It began about 1.5 weeks ago. I've attempted to deactivate/reactivate accounts multiple times. I've obtained a new pin number from PNC. Nothing is working. Transactions won't download and map to my Quicken register. Moreover, I can't initiate tranfers from Quicken to PNC. When I attempt a one step update, PNC delivers message that all of my accounts are updated with 0 new transactions. This is not the case. I have plenty of transactions that are not downloading. Help! I need Quicken and PNC to connect. I have too many auto bill pays set up via Quicken via Direct Connect with PNC.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I think this thread regards a PNC EWC+ connection issue. Yours is a PNC DC connection issue which is different so I don't think this thread is going to be of much assistance to you. The other thread you are posting in is specific to PNC DC and is more likely to be of assistance.

This discussion has been closed.