Maximum number of accounts at a financial institution?

Options
dwight@
dwight@ Unconfirmed ✭✭

Our family has a number of accounts at Digital Federal Credit Union that I have online access to. When I log on via the web, I can see all 18 accounts, however, when I try and add accounts in Quicken, only 17 accounts are listed. Does Quicken have a maximum number of accounts one can have at a single financial institution?

Best Answer

• dwight@
    dwight@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My issue has been resolved. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

I took @retird suggestion and created a test file. All 18 accounts showed up with the test file. I then went back to my regular file and this time, all 18 accounts showed up. I can't explain why, other than perhaps there is some code that is only run when you switch between files. I had previously tried closing and reopening Quicken and also validating my data file, but neither caused the 18th account to appear.

To answer @ukr question, there is a scroll bar that you need to use once you have eight or ten accounts. The scroll bar was functioning properly.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not that I have ever heard of.

18 accounts at one financial institution? If some of those are your parent's or your children's, they really shouldn't be in the same file. You should only have accounts in a data file that support a single tax filing.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dwight@ - Is it possible the other way around? does the credit union have a limit on the number of accounts that THEY permit to be downloaded? Since you can isoloate that 18th account, is there anything unique about it? trust account? non-family number? business? anything that would create an anomoly from the credit union side of things?

do you have online access to all 18 accounts using the same user name and password? does that 18th account have a different user name and password (you stated you have online access to all 18 accounts, but you didn't indicate that occurs under the same username or multiple usernames)

• dwight@
    dwight@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

The credit union could have a limit on the number of accounts they permit to be downloaded. Unfortunately, I have had zero success having my credit union help me out with any Quicken issues, so it would be difficult (or impossible) to get an answer from them. With that said, I may reach out to them at some point.

There doesn't seem to be anything unique about this account, in fact it is one of the accounts where I am the owner.

Although I am the owner for four of the accounts, I can log on via the web and access all 18 of the accounts under my username. Using Quicken, I can log on via my username and access 17 accounts. I do not download most of the accounts to Quicken, but they show up as options when I try and setup a new account in Quicken. Unfortunately, this last account (which I need to download into Quicken) does not show up as an available account to download.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried creating a "Test" account which would have no accounts until you add them. When you access the institution from this new Test Account does the 18th account show up as a choice to add?

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I understand you correctly, the problem is with the "List of accounts found at the bank" view showing only 17 of your accounts.
    Is it because the window is not tall enough to show more than 17 accounts?
    Is there a vertical scroll bar so you can scroll down to see #18? Or is the scroll bar missing? Or not working, not allowing you to scroll?

Or might there be a bug in the program not being able to process more than 17 entries? That would, of course, be a question to the programmers … what say you?

• dwight@
    dwight@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My issue has been resolved. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

I took @retird suggestion and created a test file. All 18 accounts showed up with the test file. I then went back to my regular file and this time, all 18 accounts showed up. I can't explain why, other than perhaps there is some code that is only run when you switch between files. I had previously tried closing and reopening Quicken and also validating my data file, but neither caused the 18th account to appear.

To answer @ukr question, there is a scroll bar that you need to use once you have eight or ten accounts. The scroll bar was functioning properly.

This discussion has been closed.