strange input SEC TRANSFER PURCHASE TO CORRECT

Options
jeff.krask
jeff.krask Member ✭✭

All of a sudden one of my credit card account began getting transactions labeled - SEC TRANSFER PURCHASE TO CORRECT - for different amounts. Maybe 6 of them. This account has nothing to do with SEC TRANSFER its just a consumer credit card. The amounts do not match anything I've made. Anyone else have this issue recently? And what causes it.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Is it correct that you have logged onto the credit card website and reviewed your transactions, and these items in Quicken are not present in any form on the credit card website? In Quicken, click on one of these transactions and select View > Inspector. In this Transaction Inspector window, look at the information in the bottom section, under "From your financial institution." What is the Statement Payee and Statement Memo for the transaction? Thes information is what comes to Quicken from the credit card company, so if it says the same thing, then you need to address this question to your credit card company.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jeff.krask
    jeff.krask Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for quick replay. Follow your suggestions. Inspector Info that appears is not consistent with other legit cc charges inspector info.

Also, called the credit card company and none of those charges are posted on my account. So I guess I should ignore it. Except it keeps throwing off my reconcile. Every time I've logged in recently and UPDATED online data it throws out another amount with the same SEC TRANSFER PURCHASE TO CORRECT.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please check to make sure that the credit card account register is connected correctly to the credit card company and not cross-linked to some other bank or brokerage.

This discussion has been closed.