PNC Download issues 8/19/23

betsyrich
betsyrich Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I continue to have problems. I reauthorized as mentioned but the info downloaded after that was way off for 1 account. I restored a back up to get back to current info as of last week but now NO transactions will download for any accounts. I'm reluctant to authorize again and get caught in some loop of restore/authorize/pull out my hair.

I agree with another commentor that this happens too often with PNC.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@betsyrich - If you restored your backup and did not reauthorize then you will not be able to download going forward. So, if you want to get downloads, again, you will need to reauthorize.

What I would suggest is doing the following:

1. Restore that backup file (or another) making sure that it is dated before your last reauthorization attempt.
    2. Manually enter the Opening Balance transaction value in the Memo field of that transaction. Repeat for each PNC account. (Actually, I suggest doing this for every account, regardless of financial institution. The reason being is that sometimes, when changing connection methods, resetting accounts, deactivating/reactivating accounts or reauthorizing accounts the Opening Balance transaction value get changed. By having the values entered in the Memo fields, it makes it very easy to know when this has occurred and to correct it.)
    3. Back up the data file.
    4. Reauthorize PNC.
    5. During the reauthorization process you might be prompted to decide what to do with the downloads. If this happens, make sure to carefully review the pop-up to make sure all information shown there is correct and that each download is Linked to the correct account already set up in Quicken.

When done, if the account balance(s) are off:

1. Check the Opening Balance transactions in your account registers to make sure they are correct. If they have been changed, correct them with the values you had previously entered into the Memo fields.
    2. If the balance issue still remains, go through the last 90 days or so of your account register looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one of each of any duplicates found.
    3. If the balance issue still remains, look through the account register for a 2nd more recently dated Opening Balance transaction. If you find one, delete it.

These 3 issues do not usually occur but they can. BTW, this is not an issue specific to PNC. It can and does sometimes happen with any financial institution.

Let me know if this resolved your issue.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

@betsyrich - If you restored your backup and did not reauthorize then you will not be able to download going forward. So, if you want to get downloads, again, you will need to reauthorize.

What I would suggest is doing the following:

1. Restore that backup file (or another) making sure that it is dated before your last reauthorization attempt.
    2. Manually enter the Opening Balance transaction value in the Memo field of that transaction. Repeat for each PNC account. (Actually, I suggest doing this for every account, regardless of financial institution. The reason being is that sometimes, when changing connection methods, resetting accounts, deactivating/reactivating accounts or reauthorizing accounts the Opening Balance transaction value get changed. By having the values entered in the Memo fields, it makes it very easy to know when this has occurred and to correct it.)
    3. Back up the data file.
    4. Reauthorize PNC.
    5. During the reauthorization process you might be prompted to decide what to do with the downloads. If this happens, make sure to carefully review the pop-up to make sure all information shown there is correct and that each download is Linked to the correct account already set up in Quicken.

When done, if the account balance(s) are off:

1. Check the Opening Balance transactions in your account registers to make sure they are correct. If they have been changed, correct them with the values you had previously entered into the Memo fields.
    2. If the balance issue still remains, go through the last 90 days or so of your account register looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one of each of any duplicates found.
    3. If the balance issue still remains, look through the account register for a 2nd more recently dated Opening Balance transaction. If you find one, delete it.

These 3 issues do not usually occur but they can. BTW, this is not an issue specific to PNC. It can and does sometimes happen with any financial institution.

Let me know if this resolved your issue.

• betsyrich
    betsyrich Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Thanks for your quick reply. Changing the opening balance on the one account did the trick after authorizing again.

• Boatnmaniac

You are welcome. And thanks for posting the results. It will hopefully help others who experience the same issue to know what might help them, as well.

This discussion has been closed.