I get an error web trying to update PNC Bank Web Connect

rhodtrip
rhodtrip Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

PNC bank moved to a new connection type for web connect. When I try to establish a connection, it gives me a pop-up to go to the web and enter my information.

I select "Sign In" and it takes me to my browser. I then get this error message:

I have some direct connect accounts with PNC that still work, but now some do not. How do I get this resolved?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What web browser, and what version of that browser?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

@rhodtrip - PNC has not changed Web Connect. It is for manually downloading transactions in a QFX file from an online PNC account and it is working for me.

Are you trying to manually download transactions from your online PNC account?

If not, you should not be using the PNC Bank - Web Connect set up link. Instead you should be downloading by one of the other PNC setup links, such as PNC Bank - Direct Connect or PNC - Virtual Wallet or PNC Card Services Online.

What kind of account(s) is this happening with?

Was it set up for download before and by which connection method? Or are you trying to add it now?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I just tried setting up my PNC checking & savings accounts in a test file with EWC+ (via PNC - Virtual Wallet) and I got the same UI error message @rhodtrip posted above. I tried this in Firefox, Edge and Chrome (all are up to date versions) and I got the same error message with each.

I remember seeing this same UI error message last May(?) when PNC first converted EWC to EWC+. Not sure what caused that and how it was fixed but it suddenly went away and the EWC+ connections were then successfully established.

I also tried Add Account using PNC Bank - Web Connect (in all 3 browsers, again) and noticed something odd: The Add Account setup dialog provides an Advanced Options link which I did not expect to see which then popped up the setup options of EWC (default) and WC.

Why is EWC ticked as the default? Quite frankly I don't think it should be listed here at all for PNC Bank - Web Connect because this is supposed to be for WC only. But being that it is listed here, IMO the Web Connect option should be the default.

When I left the EWC default in place and clicked on Next, it took me to the PNC website trying to authorize the connection (I'm assuming for EWC+) which then failed with that same UI error message.

When I instead selected WC it did the right thing and added a manual account in Quicken telling me to log into PNC and manually download and import transactions from there.

So, something sure does seem to be amiss with PNC connection setups right now.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• rhodtrip
    rhodtrip Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I also get the error when I try to connect to PNC Virtual Wallet, and with Direct Connect when I try to add my loan accounts with PNC. My checking works (it has always been Direct Connect).

This discussion has been closed.