I want to choose the appropriate tool

Options
roberon
roberon Member
edited September 2023 in Before you Buy

I bought Quicken Deluxe 2017 few years ago. I would like to use Quicken on my laptop and on my IPad. I am leaving 6 months in Canada and 6 months in USA. I received the offer of 40% off for one year. Which tool will be the best for my need ?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The Quicken mobile app is a companion to, not an alternative to, Quicken desktop. So you will need Quicken on a computer, whether you choose to use the mobile app on the iPad.

You could use Quicken 2017 on your laptop, but you wouldn't be able to use the mobile app unless you update to a current Quicken subscription. Quicken 2017 is no longer supported, so it won't sync to Quicken's cloud severs for use with the mobile app.

I'm not sure if you're using a Mac or Windows. On Quicken Mac, you can set it for US, Canada, or both.

You should be aware that if you subscribe for a year, you'll need to continue your subscription (at full price) in future years if you want to continue using the mobile app, or to download transactions from your financial institutions. If you let your subscription lapse, you will lose access to connected services, and you will gain an annoying pair of banners on your Quicken screen nagging you to renew — but if you could overlook them, you could continue to use Quicken for manual entry (as long as your subscription was for Quicken Deluxe or Premier, not Quicken Starter).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.