Quicken Downloads Detected, not Available for Reconcile, Trans are Missing Data (lots of issues)

Options
afaulkinbury
afaulkinbury Member ✭✭

I'm on Windows 11 Home OS, Quicken R51.12 Build 27.1.51.12. I download transactions through Quicken Direct Connect, Date of last download 8/19/2023 @ 3.35 PM. The issues started ~7/26/2023.

Issue: Transaction downloads successful, but data is missing. No Date, Check #, Downloaded ID, or Amount.

It started out with just missing data. I was able to download the transactions into a .csv file from my bank website and manually add the missing data. If I tried to accept a single transaction, I would get an error. However if I selected, Accept All, the transactions would load into my account register, I could add the missing data based on my bank file, and successfully reconcile.

Today, the One Step Update downloaded 9 transactions, but they do not show in the Downloaded Transactions view (see attached), and when I click on Continue (see attached), it collapses the view without doing anything.

I was able to manually add each transaction using data from my bank and reconcile to balance my account, but this can't continue.

I have been perusing the Quicken site off-and-on for weeks, but have not found a similar issue, or the fixes don't work for me.

I have already tried:

1. Resetting the account, get an error. (see attached)
  2. Deleting the account, get an error. (see attached)
  3. Contacting my bank, useless. They recommended contacting Quicken.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

—Aimee

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"If I tried to accept a single transaction, I would get an error." What error, exactly?

You certainly can and should be able to accept downloaded transactions one at a time.

With Direct Connect the Financial Institution is responsible for coding each transaction using the OFX schema and putting those transactions on their server, awaiting your download. Generally Direct Connect is very reliable.

Have you actually looked at what Desert Financial is sending you (Help > Contact Support > Log Files > OFX.log) to see if the problem of the missing information is on their end? If the OFX log is not clear to you try and find one particular check attach an image of it here.

ASSUMING that the OFX log does have all the information and proper format, that could suggest data file corruption or an improper install of the Quicken program. I think the first thing that I'd do is to create a new file with only this one Account in it, connect it to Desert Financial, and see if those downloads work. If the new file works fine then it would seem the problem is "local to you" which means your file has a problem.

Answers

• afaulkinbury
    afaulkinbury Member ✭✭
    Options

Financial Institution: Desert Financial Credit Union (formerly Desert Schools)

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"If I tried to accept a single transaction, I would get an error." What error, exactly?

You certainly can and should be able to accept downloaded transactions one at a time.

With Direct Connect the Financial Institution is responsible for coding each transaction using the OFX schema and putting those transactions on their server, awaiting your download. Generally Direct Connect is very reliable.

Have you actually looked at what Desert Financial is sending you (Help > Contact Support > Log Files > OFX.log) to see if the problem of the missing information is on their end? If the OFX log is not clear to you try and find one particular check attach an image of it here.

ASSUMING that the OFX log does have all the information and proper format, that could suggest data file corruption or an improper install of the Quicken program. I think the first thing that I'd do is to create a new file with only this one Account in it, connect it to Desert Financial, and see if those downloads work. If the new file works fine then it would seem the problem is "local to you" which means your file has a problem.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In your third screen capture (shown below), have you tried clicking the Continue button?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• afaulkinbury
    afaulkinbury Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello @mshiggins, thank you for your reply. When I click on Continue, it collapses the view without doing anything. This is a new error behavior it wasn't doing until the 19th, when I posted my question. The situation seems to be worsening.

• afaulkinbury
    afaulkinbury Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello @Tom Young, thank you for your response!

TY: "If I tried to accept a single transaction, I would get an error." What error, exactly?

A: I don't recall exactly and because of the new behavior. (downloaded transactions not showing in the Downloaded Transactions portion of the interface), I can't recreate it. However, it was something to the effect of, "unable to accept transaction, no data", or "no amount".

I had not been aware of where the log was located. I will go check into that and post an example transaction. I also had considered trying to start from scratch to test for data file corruption. I've been using the app since 2009. It's very large.

• afaulkinbury
    afaulkinbury Member ✭✭
    Options

@Tom Young

Here is an example of the transaction data in the OFX log (shown below). The date and amount match my bank data. As you can see, Transaction Type, Date, Amount, and ID are all present. These are missing in the app in the Downloaded Transactions section. I will assume that my file is corrupt and move to the test you suggested.

"ASSUMING that the OFX log does have all the information and proper format, that could suggest data file corruption or an improper install of the Quicken program. I think the first thing that I'd do is to create a new file with only this one Account in it, connect it to Desert Financial, and see if those downloads work. If the new file works fine then it would seem the problem is "local to you" which means your file has a problem."

• afaulkinbury
    afaulkinbury Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Tom Young, the issue was a corrupted data file. I have a lot of work to do to restore my account management configurations, but transactions are downloading with all data again. 🤩🤓🙌

This discussion has been closed.