CITI card automatic download

Options
dec1887
dec1887 Member ✭✭

I continue to get the 502 error for my Citi Card account. Should I just accept that I will have to do a monthly download?

Thanks

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

CC-502 is an error code that is usually associated with EWC and EWC+ connection methods. Are you trying to download transactions from the Citibank financial institution?

Have you tried setting up your account with the Citi Cards financial institution, instead? It supports the DC connection method which is much faster and much more reliable than EWC or EWC+.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no problem with a Citi Issued card. I am connecting via Direct Connect.

• dec1887
    dec1887 Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried direct connect after activating account on datamanagement webpage. Still failed. Says I need password and login name. I tried the same one used with I successfully connect to citi card directly. I am ready to concede defeat and do monthly downloads.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@dec1887 - Did you deactivate your Citi card before you tried to set up with Direct Connect? If not, deactivate it first, and then try connecting with Direct Connect.

• dec1887
    dec1887 Member ✭✭
    Options

Not sure how to deactivate card.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.

• user17881
    user17881 Member ✭✭
    Options

Here is how I fixed this issue.

1. Disconnect the account.
    2. Do NOT use Account Details > Online Services to reconnect.
    3. Instead, go to TOOLS > ADD ACCOUNT > select Citi Cards.
    4. Connect to existing account.

When you do this, you MAY get a group of previously downloaded transactions, which you can select all and delete.

This discussion has been closed.