How to Customize A Report with Deposits, Checks, Transfers and Other Transactions?

Options
teendoc
teendoc Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Hi everyone,

I am in Quicken for Windows and I am trying to create a report that will give me a list and total of the deposits, checks, transfers, and other transactions by month for my checking account. I know this should be a relatively simple thing to do, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

My Quicken reconciliation got out of whack some months back and I am trying to compare the transactions in my bank statement to what is in Quicken.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Instead, I'd try pulling out prior statements and looking back until Q and a statement agree as to Amount on a Statement End date and Amount.

Then UNcheck the CLR column for every transaction after that and RE-reconcile, month by month, starting with the oldest coming forward to the most recent.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggested approach. I would really like to see if I could customize the report in the way that I described. Right now I can get a report with the deposits and then I can switch to see the payments but I would like to see both in the same report.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"both in the same report" … Ain't gonna happen. That's why I proposed the alternative. A Reconciliation will show ALL transactions for the account for the month

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Okay thank you for letting me know that it isn’t possible.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Depending on what reconciliation you have already done, you might be able to select the account in question, then use the report at Reports > Banking > Reconciliation. This report always starts at the account's last reconciliation date.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can use the register filters to specify a date range and increases or decreases and the total of the filtered transactions is shown at the bottom below the register. For example, choose date range for July 1 to July 31 and increases and the total will be the deposits for July.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi. Thanks. Yes I’ve been doing this but wanted to see if a report with the information could be created. My understanding is not.

• teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. My reconciliations have gotten a bit messed up so the reports aren’t as helpful with statement matching as I would have liked. I’ll just continue to slog through.

This discussion has been closed.