Transfer a quicken file that I can access on my Apple I-pad to my new Apple laptop?

colintmaclean
colintmaclean Quicken Mac 2017 Member

How do I transfer a quicken file that I can access on my Apple I-pad to my new Apple laptop?…..I lost the previous file that I had on my laptop after I replaced the device.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

I'm sorry to tell you that you've got a major problem. The mobile app you use on the iPad is a supporting application which holds a subset of your complete data; it is always tied to a desktop Quicken data file. There is, unfortunately, no way tot create a new desktop data file from the data in Quicken cloud (mobile app). To my knowledge, there is no path forward if you no longer have any version of the desktop (Mac) data file.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

I'm sorry to tell you that you've got a major problem. The mobile app you use on the iPad is a supporting application which holds a subset of your complete data; it is always tied to a desktop Quicken data file. There is, unfortunately, no way tot create a new desktop data file from the data in Quicken cloud (mobile app). To my knowledge, there is no path forward if you no longer have any version of the desktop (Mac) data file.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.