Stock quote not updating

Options
DBO
DBO Member
edited September 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Quicken will not update the stock quote for a new stock I recently purchased. I have not problem getting updates quotes on all the other stocks. On the security list the box for ‘download quotes’ is checked, the same as all other ones. When in Security Detail View, I have tried to download historical prices and this stock does not show up on the list. Any ideas on how to get this working?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the stock traded on a US exchange? What is the name and ticker symbol?

QWin Premier subscription
  • DBO
    DBO Member
    Options

US stock Kenvue Inc. Ticket Kvue

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It works for me. Are you sure you entered the ticker correctly in Quicken? I would make sure you didn't misspell it or something silly like that.

• DBO
    DBO Member
    Options

yes ticker is correct. I checked it again using the lookup tool in the security details and it picks up the correct ticker. Not sure what else could be the issue.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see under your profile you are a Quicken Canada user. is that correct? I don't think you can get quotes from stocks on US exchanges with Quicken Canada.

• DBO
    DBO Member
    Options

yes, I hold numerous US stocks and they all update, except this one.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are those stocks from a US or Canadian exchange? Kenvue is a new US stock and may not trade on a Canadian exchange

• DBO
    DBO Member
    Options

I hold some stocks that only trade on a US exchange, and they update with no issues.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, not having the Canadian version I am at a loss then. Maybe a Quicken Employee or someone more familiar with US Stocks on the Canadian version can come up with an answer. Since Kenvue is a pretty new stock I guess it is missing from a stock quote feed.

This discussion has been closed.