CC charges show as credit to an asset?

ArchonPrime
ArchonPrime Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I'm setting up an account to track an asset. There are payments to purchase the asset on our credit card and I sell some of it and get deposits into my bank account.

However, when I connect the CC charges to the asset, they show as a credit, and the deposits in the bank account show as a debit and I want this to be the opposite.

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to setup to get this to work? Thanks.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a CC acct setup in Q? The banking acct? How do you "connect the CC charges"?

The customary process would be to input CC charges into the CC account … and use the appropriate Category for that purchase.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ArchonPrime
    ArchonPrime Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Yes, I have both the CC and Bank account setup. I select the corresponding category for what I'm connecting them to. I've tried setting it up as both a liability account and an asset account (in case that made the difference), but when I assign that account to the category of a charge in the CC, it shows up as a credit and the deposit in my bank account shows up as a debit when I assign the same category and I want these to be the exact opposite and it makes no sense as to why they are going that way.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it showing up in the wrong column in the asset account or is the asset balance going the wrong way? Is the beginning balance of the Asset account zero?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.