Why can I not get all the budget categories to display in a revenue and expense statement?

Options
Ricardo1944
Ricardo1944 Member ✭✭

Why can I not get all the budget categories to display in a revenue and expense statement?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you referring to a Current Budget Report, or something else? Typically you control what Categories show up there by Customizing the report, clicking on the Categories tab, and selecting or deselecting Categories. Is that not working, or are you somewhere else in the program?

• Ricardo1944
    Ricardo1944 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi, Tom — I set up my usual revenue and expense statement. Chose the categories, set up a budget as normal, and most of my categories show in the statement. "cars" and "groceries" don't appear. The expense are tracked, and I can them in other places in Quicken and I can find no solution that works…. Please don't suggest any of the usual remedies, although it may well be fixed with SOME kind of setting change. With thanks, Rick

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's start with this: "I set up my usual revenue and expense statement."

What does that mean, exactly. Is it a "report", one you initiate by clicking on Reports at the top of the screen, or something else? I don't have the Business/Rental product, maybe you do, and this is a report of business income and expense? (I've generally seen that referred to as a Profit and Loss report, but maybe that's incorrect. )

Also, you keep referring to "budget", so that suggests to me "Current Budget" report, though maybe the Business /Rental product has an analogous business budget report of some sort.

I don't have the Business / Rental product so I probably can't be of much help here, but I have read other answers where users aren't seeing business related Categories in their reports, that each business Category must be associated with a line item on Schedule C in order to show up in reports.

The only other thing I can think of here - and this relates to the Current Budget report - is that the Advanced tab of the customization screen can also affect what show up in the report by selecting different options in the Categories drop down menu.

This discussion has been closed.