Categories are randomly added to Reports

Options
MD95062
MD95062 Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I have a set of customized and saved reports that I use to review and balance categories as a part of my tax prep process. I've selected 1 parent and corresponding children categories. Most of the time these parent and children categories are ones I've created.

I've unselected all other categories.

After I run the report and save the report, when I go back into the report, random categories are checked. This messes up my review process and my confidence in the report. I've corrected the report multiple times (and saved the corrections) and the report defaults with these odd categories check (again).

I have an annual Quicken Subscription. I use the windows version on my local desk top. (because it seems to have more report functionality). This has been happening for about 2 tax cycles.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are the randomly added Categories ones you have created since the report was saved?

Depending on the option you have chosen when you save the report, newly added Categories may be included in the report, with or without warning you. If you want the report to only include the Categories you have selected, you should choose the "Lock" option when you save it.

QWin Premier subscription
  • MD95062
    MD95062 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the explanation, but that is not the problem. The issue is that this is not caused from new categories that I have added. I know how reports work when I add new categories. What's happening is categories that exist and have existed in the drop down, are being randomly checked in the drop down after I have unselected them and only selected the items I want on the report.

This discussion has been closed.