Quicken will not open. Goes directly to Crash Report, then repeats same result

Options
Jim Canaday
Jim Canaday Member

Uninstalled Quicken, then reinstalled it.
Installation complete. Launch Quicken.
Sign in screen comes on. Enter user and password.
Six digit code sent and entered. Quicken Crash Report form comes up.
Form filled out and submitted.
Had to restart Quicken and Crash Report comes up again.
Cannot get into Quicken.

Tagged:

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jim Canaday
    Options

Thanks for the hint. Tried to set this up but my pc has blocked access to this item saying I have to talk to my IT guy. Since it is my own computer at home I have no IT guy. When I originally installed Quicken, it worked just fine except the column where you put the type of transaction or a check number was missing. Someone suggested that I do a restore from a previous Quicken date so I tried that. And this is where things went south. When I try to start Quicken, it takes me to the sign in page. When I sign it, it says success but then takes me to the Quicken Crash Report window. When I click Send Error Report, the program shuts down. If I try to start it again, it is exactly the same as if I hadn't started it before. Can try this all day but it is an endless cycle. Think I am called Quicken Support tomorrow but if someone else has something I can try in the meantime, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Can you start Quicken by holding down the Control and double clicking the Quicken icon. It should start without opening a data file. I would suggest trying to create a new data file.

• Jim Canaday
    Options

Worked!!! Many thanks. Restored my backup so my checkbook is once again up to date. I did have one other problem. In inputting entries, the column showing Check # or type of transaction is gone. Any idea how I can get it to display. Once again. Thanks for your help. YOu are a lifesaver.

• Jim Canaday
    Options

Found it. All set. Thanks again.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

In the register, click the gear in the upper right and select Register columns… Check the boxes for the desired columns.

This discussion has been closed.