Column widths in reports malfunctioning

Options
BobKick
BobKick Member

In my "itemized categories" monthly spending report, after I've adjusted the column widths to fit the field lengths, and then once I change a payee name or memo description or recategorize a transaction, the app automatically adjusts the column widths, widening some, narrowing others. So, every time I make a change to a transaction on the report, I have to readjust the column widths. I have been experiencing this malfunction for at least the last 3 months.

For the several years I've used Quicken for my home financial management, the reports column widths have worked fine. Apparently in an update in the past 3-5 months, Quicken made an inadvertent change to how the user adjusts these column widths. I request that Quicken quickly fix this problem and bring the feature back of users being able to adjust the report column widths—without the app then changing them. I solicit assistance from the Community to give feedback that you have experienced this problem and to add your voices to mine to request Quicken to fix this problem ASAP!

Thank you.

Robert Antrobus

P.S. I am running Quicken version R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12.

Comments

• BobKick
    BobKick Member
    Options

And I run Quicken for Windows.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @BobKick,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.  

(CTP-7661)  

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DavidZ
    DavidZ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Me too. Exactly my experience over the same time frame. I even re-created my itemized expense report which has yearly subreports going back to 2010 as well as monthly reports for the current year. Same result. There's no reason for the CLR or TAG columns be much larger than the MEMO column. It's very, very, very frustrating. Sometimes I really hate Quicken, but unfortunately, it's all we got. [Edited - Readability]

• DavidZ
    DavidZ Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the exact same problem as another poster. Since it seems Quicken developers want to see numerous reports on an issue before taking it serious, I'm reposting the issue in a new thread.

In my "itemized categories" monthly spending report, after I've adjusted the column widths to fit the field lengths, and then once I change a payee name or memo description or recategorize a transaction, the app automatically adjusts the column widths, widening some, narrowing others. So, every time I make a change to a transaction on the report, I have to readjust the column widths. I have been experiencing this malfunction for at least the last 3 months.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @DavidZ,

Thank you for joining the discussion. To report the problem, please open your Quicken program and go to Help>Report a Problem. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. If you prefer to get a response when you report the issue, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• djohnston1
    Options

I have the same problem with the columns readjusting every time I make a change. Even on the initial report the columns are out-of-whack. The TAG, CLEAR, NUMBER columns are large and the important DESCRIPTION and MEMO are truncated. So I have to adjust all the columns to create a readable report and then if I make one change all the columns revert back to the unreadable.

Similarly, if I create a report to print and have adjusted all of the columns to make a readable report and then (for instance) I go in to add a title, all the adjustments I've made are wiped out.

This discussion has been closed.