Wells Fargo

Options
Richard Sturgeon
Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭

I am having a issue with Wells Fargo wanting my phone number to text me a message. I have it setup to download financial inst files at 6 AM.

it will crash the program and will for get where the file is at. and you have to reload the file and it will ask again for the phone number when you update the financials from inside of Quicken and you can enter a phone number and it will send a text.with the number.

Comments

• Lilstex
    Lilstex Member
    Options

Yes I am tired of this whole process with Wells Fargo every time I run a Quicken update too. No other bank I have is using this method. This is invasive and seems more like Wells Fargo tracking our accounting than dealing with security.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Richard Sturgeon and @Lilstex,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The financial institution controls when to ask for two factor authentication; that is out of Quicken's control. That said, Wells Fargo does offer Direct Connect, so changing your connection method to Direct Connect may be a way to bypass the annoyance of frequent two factor authentication requests. To change your connection method, first, backup your Quicken file. Then, deactivate your account(s) that is currently connected to Wells Fargo. Reconnect by going to Tools>Add Account, search for Wells Fargo, click Advanced Options, select Direct Connect, and follow the prompts.

Note: Wells Fargo does require that you authorize Direct Connect through their website. If you do not go through that authorization process, you will receive an error message with instructions on how to authorize.

Quicken crashing is likely a separate issue from the extra authentication requests from Wells Fargo. When did the issue with crashing start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Is the automatic update the only thing that triggers these crashes? If not, what else triggers Quicken to crash? If you haven't already done so, I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article about crashes and when the program won't open.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have my WF accounts set up to download via Direct Connect. It's very fast, very reliable and I never get prompted for a 2FA code…and best of all, it's free (some banks will charge a monthly fee for Direct Connect but not WF).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.