Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options
1121314151618»

Answers

• JohnnyQuick
    JohnnyQuick Member ✭✭
    Options

Folks, FIX is to follow instructions HERE: www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800 "Error Message When Updating Accounts: CC-800". Follow all the steps under "To resolve this issue" (ignore the Overview comment). You won't lose any accounts in Quicken, nor have to create any new ones.

P.S. Sorry, Quicken wouldn't let me Post the actual link, so just copy/paste the link in your browser.

• rlroberts
    rlroberts Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve my issue by changing my password to a simple password. Numbers and letters only. Everything downloaded this morning. I hope it continues.

•  A Customer
    Options

@rlroberts were you getting a CC-502?

•  A Customer
    Options

I was getting a CC-502 error when trying to add my Fidely Rewards Visa account to Quicken, using both Elan Financial Services and Fidelity Rewards Credit Card as the financial institution. Following @rlroberts experience, I changed the password on the Elan Financial Services website (NOT my Fidelity account) to a 20 character password using only upper case, lower case, and number characters. After completing the password change, I edited the properties of my account and setup the "better connection method" proposed by Quicken. This time it worked and transaction download is now working as expected!

Thank you @rlroberts!

This is an example of pathetic coding by Elan Financial. If/when they ever require complex passwords, this problem may rear its ugly head again.

• rlroberts
    rlroberts Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I should have given more detail. Yes I was getting the CC-502 error. When I tried to activate, it remembers the Elon Financial Services that I could not remove to try a clean connection. I don’t know if there are certain characters it did not like, but for today at least it is working. I changed the password on Elan site https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do and not my Fidelity account

• majorgear
    majorgear Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm getting CC-800 too. I tried adding the account 3 times with these instructions ( https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800 and resetting the account . It always finds my CC account, but when I try to update it, it fails. It's like an endless loop!

I'm using Quicken for Windows version R53.16.

• rjtAZ
    rjtAZ Member
    Options

Today my Quicken updated with R53.26 so I tried to re-enable online services for my Fidelity Rewards CC and it worked. I cannot say if this was a result of the 53.26 update or something else. I have tried to re-enable online services multiple times before (and also setting up as a new account) and neither have worked since August.

I was concerned I might lose my history, but re-enabling online service left the existing account intact with all history.

This discussion has been closed.