Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options
jcarolan
jcarolan Member ✭✭

i've been getting this error for many days. I have read the FAQ and tried the suggestions in the FAQ as well but it's still not working. I have no problem signing in directly to Elan and seeing my transactions.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

An Alert was posted about this issue yesterday:

Unfortunately, this Alert is specific to the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card financial institution and does not also include the Elan Financial Services financial institution. Both QWin and QMac users are posting about experiencing this same issue and since the data source and management company for both is the same company (Elan Financial Services) it has been suggested to the Moderator to revise the Alert to include Elan.

BTW, per the posts I've seen, it does seem that this issue is perhaps more pronounced with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection than with the Elan Financial Services connection (which seems to be the case most of the time when there are connection & download issues for this credit card). I am connected with Elan and for me it was a short-lived issue that has not returned in the last 5 days. Those of you who are still connected with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card might want to try connecting with Elan Financial Services (it uses the same login that Fidelity Rewards Credit Card does).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 10487059/CTP-7779)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Walborn - Elan is experiencing some significant server/technical issue that is preventing connections with and downloading into Quicken via OSU and Update Now. One person who'd contacted Elan this morning said he was told they hope to have the issue resolved by sometime this weekend.

Until the issue is resolved, using OSU or Update Now to download from them into Quicken is not possible.

You can use the Web Connect method to download transactions into Quicken if you want. It works really well and takes little effort and time, especially after the initial download.

There are several threads regarding this issue including a very long one at Re: Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin). Click on this link to see a post that provides the step-by-step process for how to download via Web Connect.

Also, you might want to review the Alert that has been posted: ONGOING 10/3/23 Elan Financial Services- CC-502/FDP-102 & CC-505/FDP-105. This Alert is how the Moderators will keep us updated.

Answers

• Mark Y.
    Mark Y. Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been happening for several days and nothing is getting it to work. Any help?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @Mark Y. and @jcarolan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

A CC-502 error is caused by maintenance on the bank's servers that Quicken uses to download transactions. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information and troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

If you are still experiencing this issue after completing the steps located in the FAQ, then we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• nick
    nick Member ✭✭
    Options

Windows R51.12

Quicken error CC-502 with Fidelity Rewards VISA.

When will this be fixed?

• mginsb8724
    mginsb8724 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue cc-502 with Fidelity Rewards Visa

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I had gotten this CC-502 error code with Elan Financial Services last week. It did not self resolve over the next 2 days so I ended up doing Reset Account (on the Online Services tab of Account Details) on 8/25 and that resolved the issue for me. There have been no error codes for me the last 4 days and transactions are downloading properly.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried this and it didn't work. I completely lost my connection to Elan so i wound up going to a backup copy to get me back where i was.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried waiting and also downloading the transactions using to Gear tool on the display as shown in the troubleshooting text for CC-502. It still doesn't work. I seriously doubt the server is in maintenance for multiple days. Something else is wrong.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

It's still not working today (August 29th). Something is wrong to cause this error. Can someone on the Quicken team investigate?

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

An Alert was posted about this issue yesterday:

Unfortunately, this Alert is specific to the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card financial institution and does not also include the Elan Financial Services financial institution. Both QWin and QMac users are posting about experiencing this same issue and since the data source and management company for both is the same company (Elan Financial Services) it has been suggested to the Moderator to revise the Alert to include Elan.

BTW, per the posts I've seen, it does seem that this issue is perhaps more pronounced with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection than with the Elan Financial Services connection (which seems to be the case most of the time when there are connection & download issues for this credit card). I am connected with Elan and for me it was a short-lived issue that has not returned in the last 5 days. Those of you who are still connected with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card might want to try connecting with Elan Financial Services (it uses the same login that Fidelity Rewards Credit Card does).

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

I switched over to Elan Financial and now it's working. Thanks for the help.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You are welcome. I am glad it works for you.

Elan Financial is a much more stable, reliable and trouble-free connection than Fidelity Rewards is. Not sure why that is because Elan manages both sites and the Fidelity Rewards site is mostly a rebranded ("Fidelity") mirror image of what's in the Elan site.

I would love to see the Fidelity Rewards financial institution removed from the FIDIR list so that it can no longer be selected in Quicken. But I'm pretty sure that is not Quicken's call and is instead defined by Fidelity's contract with Elan and Elan's contract with Intuit.

But if that would happen then I'm pretty sure that we would not be seeing very many issues popping up about our Fidelity credit card downloads. I have been incredibly happy with Elan since I switched over to them 2 yrs ago….a far cry from what it was like when I was connected with Fidelity Rewards. And even today the vast majority of Fidelity download issues occur with Fidelity Rewards with just a faction of that occurring with Elan.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

thank you Boatnmaniac for the info. I've had the Fidelity Rewards card for a few years and really haven't had much of an issue downloading transactions. Nonetheless, i'm keeping my connection set to Elan as it's working fine. i'm guessing it's more stable as you say so i'll stick with it. My only thought on why Fidelity might have their own proxy server would be if they decided to not use Elan in the future and go to another credit card agency. I'm guessing the change would be transparent to customers if they connect through the Fidelity Rewards server.

regards,

Jim

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

I see that this was opened and closed. I am having the same problem. Fidelity Rewards Credit Card stopped updating one week ago. Now the account no longer shows up as part of One - Step Update. I tried reconnecting the account. Quicken is saying "Oops There is a connection problem" and showing CC-502. I logged into my Fidelity account online, everything is working fine.

• senoj1
    senoj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem….for a week now. Just tried to update online again, still not working. Is the reference Ticket # 10436027?

If this ticket was closed what is the solution?

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

I called them this morning. They are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. They told me to keep trying to update the account, this is how I will know when the problem is fixed.

• happyjogger6
    happyjogger6 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Until this month I had no issues downloading from Elan Financial. (I've long since addressed the issues in switching from Fidelity to Elan). I went to "Account Details" and selected the "Online Services" tab, and hit "Reset Account". On the "Activate One Step Update" menu the ID and password were filled in. I hit "Connect". The security question appeared, I answered it, I clicked on "show characters" to be sure I typed it correctly. I hit "OK". I was returned to the "Activate One Step Update" menu and got the message "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)". How can I get this to work again? As a band aid I logged into Fidelity and downloaded an OVX file that I manually imported, but this needs to get fixed. Please advise. Thank you.

• Robin
    Robin Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also experiencing this same issue with Elan Financial / Fidelity Rewards Visa starting on about 8/28/2023. This issue is also being discussed over in the Quicken for Mac forum and appears to be related to some recent communication protocol changes between Quicken & Elan. Hopefully Quicken/Elan will resolve this issue soon.

• adamwadesmith
    Options

I am also having a CC-502 error, and have been for about a week.

• jbens0n
    jbens0n Member
    Options

Same here. Been having this problem for about 1 week.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket # 10436027)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BuddyFriendBuddy
    Options

Thank you @Boatnmaniac for the tip. I was a little fuzzy on how to replace Fidelity Rewards with Elan for online transactions. After making a backup just in case , I added the Elan account (under tools) and then linked it to my Fidelity card in Quicken. Everything linked fine and after a couple minutes to update and sync to the cloud, I had all of my card's transactions.

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried resetting on line downloads in Account Details and my account info was blank (Institution and account number) and lost the ability to attempt downloads. Today I went back in and the account info was back but still couldn't download so I deactivated and reactivated and now it wants me to enter my ID and password with Elan Financial. Do I have to go to that web site and set up as a new user? And if it works, will it result in duplicate transactions added to my Fidelity Rewards Visa account in Quicken?

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

If the Fidelity server is down (and i'm guessing it still is) then your username/pwd won't work on their site. It will work just fine on Elan Financial services site though. I switched over to that site. Username and PWD are the same one you use for Fidelity. Just add this service provider to your account and then 'Link' this to your existing Fidelity register and it will download just fine to your existing data.

• dvmdoc
    dvmdoc Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Had been having same problem but fortunately is resolved for me as of this morning. @Quicken Kristina

• CheeseheadInParadise
    Options

I've tried all of the solutions listed for Fidelity (elan) Rewards Mastercard to no avail. Stopped working near the end of August. I can log in on the website with no problem, just not via Quicken.

As of today (September 6th) the problem persists.

I have Fidelity investment accounts (NOT netbenefit) that work just fine.

User since:

Apple IIe

Apple Duo Disk Drive

Apple A2M2010 Green Phosphor Monitor II

Epson RX-80 dot matrix printer.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

I would just link your account to the Elan Financial services, rather then Fidelity. That worked for me. Just go to your Accounts to add a new account. search for Elon and add it. Then 'link' it to your existing account for fidelity transactions and it should synch up just fine.

• BuddyFriendBuddy
    Options

Yep. That is what I did and it worked for me no issues. I made a backup just in case, but I didn't need to use it.

• kurtkrum
    kurtkrum Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having this problem - i posted in a related thread for mac users, so forgive this cross post as I should have posted for PC users.

Been having the problem since 8/25

• CheeseheadInParadise
    Options

The difference may be that I am on a Mac. For me, this solution does not work.

User since:

Apple IIe

Apple Duo Disk Drive

Apple A2M2010 Green Phosphor Monitor II

Epson RX-80 dot matrix printer.

This discussion has been closed.