Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• linehant
    linehant Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same problem. Using .QFX download from Elan / Fidelity for now, but… kind of annoying after enjoying the auto-download-update for so long.

• Midnightearl
    Options

Elan has just made changes to online sign in. I suspect this is what disrupted my Quickens account inability to interack with Elan

• Marcia Richards
    Options

same problem here

• MKwitz
    MKwitz Member
    Options

Same problem here in regards to Fidelity Rewards Visa and Elan Financial Services. Only change I have seen in recent days is that the error code is now FDP-105 rather than FDP-102.

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Its Sept 28th at 4:16 AM and the CC-505 problem with Elan continues, day and night. Release R52.28, Build 27.1.52.28, dropped and installed this AM. Now Quicken Classic Premier but CC-505 with Elan unchanged.

B) Windows 11 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century

• Lewis
    Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having the sam eissue with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. Seems like nobody really has a solution. I have multiple credit cards and these are the only ones I have any issues.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you go to the Elan login page, this is the message you get so I am wondering if that is the issue.

• Lewis
    Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried deactivating the service from Fidelity, downloading the transactions missing from the Elan website, imported them to QUicken, it changed the service to Elan Financial Services and reset online services. It seems to be working; at least one step update processed successfully. Trying to improve connection did not work saying Sorry. We encountered an error.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

Somebody from QUICKEN needs to get on the phone with Elan and get to the bottom of this problem. This has been going on for too long.

Have you tech people TALK to their tech folks and come up with a resolution. It would also be nice if you put an ETA on this site so everyone knows whats going on.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    Options

Personalcapital.com has no problem communicating with Elan Financial Services, so why can't Quicken? I can download my credit card transactions on the Empower site (formerly PersonalCapital.com), so perhaps Quicken should contact Empower and learn their secret.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

i'm guessing Elan has a different server used by quicken, that's why Personalcapital.com works. There is an obvious problem, it is affecting Fidelity (who uses Elan for their credit card) as well.

• LF3550
    LF3550 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Received an error when doing Quicken Online Update yesterday for my Comerica (Elan Financial Services) Visa Card account. Did a direct access via their Web Site and accessed just fine. Called Elan Financial about the access from Quicken and they informed that they have just made an update to their web site, and they informed they do not (no longer) support access from Quicken. The person at Elan indicated they never did support Quicken Access but it "just worked", … until now with their site changes. They only support the downloading of transactions in the Quicken Format, for importing CC transactions into Quicken.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @LF3550,

Please be advised that we do currently have an open Alert on Elan Financial Services which you can review the details and all available updates on in this Community Alert.

As for the information you were provided by the Elan Financial representative, I will go ahead and pass this along internally so it can be looked into further by our teams working on this issue.

Thank you!

[Merged Post]

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What you describe is called the Web Connect (WC) process which was mentioned in my 9/25 post as being the only download method that is currently working. WC is not One Step Update. WC requires that you log into your online account and manually download & import the transactions data from there.

By first deactivating your connection from Fidelity and using WC you have made WC your default download method. You will just need to remember to use WC each time you want to download transactions. And, yes, by first deactivating and then using WC your connection will be changed from Fidelity Rewards to Elan Financial Services.

When downloads via One Step Update are working, again, and you wish to include your Fidelity credit card in One Step Update, again, you will need to upgrade your connection method.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've noticed that using download with WC from Elan while Quicken is running automatically inputs the transactions into Quicken.

I don't know if this is the same for using a Fidelity Rewards account download with WC.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• tlsher
    tlsher Member
    Options

Worked for me. If Quicken can't figure out how to get back to previous, this will work.

• starpal
    starpal Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have the same issue for the past couple of days. Thank you for working on it.

In the meantime, is there a way to manually download recent transactions from the Elan portal to import into Quicken? I don't see any link.

[Merged Post]

• wlreeder
    Options

I am having trouble downloading transactions for my Fidelity Visa Rewards card. Error -cc 502. I have tried numerous times. Same problem last month. Everything works fine until they close the month on the 25th and then send statements.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, the first time you link a WC download/import to your account in Quicken, Quicken will remember it so future WC downloads/imports will automatically link with that account.

WC works the same whether you log into the Fidelity Rewards website or the Elan Financial website. When you click on "Download" in the Fidelity Rewards website you will be automatically directed to the Elan Financial website for WC downloading.

• acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    Options

I decided to Deactivate Services and Activate, but now all I get is:

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

That might be. Also, Quicken uses QFX files for importing the data which is an Intuit-proprietary format and Quicken's aggregator is Intuit. Other personal financial softwares/apps use different aggregators and different file formats. And Quicken is a personal computer-based program whereas almost all other personal financial softwares are cloud-based apps. So the interface, design and functionality is significantly different between them. Bottom line, there are a lot of differences between how Quicken and others function, import data and where the data is saved so there are many potential different reasons why one can have issues while others do not. I've also seen it many times where others apps are having download issues but Quicken is working perfectly.

• Cris S
    Cris S Member ✭✭
    Options

For those hoping that this gets fixed soon, I'll note that I had a problem with Discover Bank (online savings account). It looks like that problem was first reported in May of this year and didn't get addressed until August. There were some intermediate workarounds that people found, but it essentially wasn't working for about 3 months.

There are two other posts that Quicken support has posted that identifies this as an issue and will update when the issue is resolved.

and

• Tim Theisen
    Tim Theisen Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have been not able to download from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card (Elan Financial Services) for several days now with this error.
    I tried doing a reset on the account and it gives me the below error. It says its not my fault.

• r-e-l
    r-e-l Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It seems Elan Financial Services are now using 2FA (2 form factor authentication …if you try logging from their web site they will send a code to your phone.

Suspect this is why its failing with Quicken.

However, there must be a solution for this as this 2FA is standad way of the future.

I could not figure out if there is a way to disable it on Elan.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The 2FA is not required each and every time you log in. I'm not sure what the frequency is. I suspect on my desktop pc it saved a cookie to the pc so the next time you log in, 2FA isn't required.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Thomas Roche Correct. I had to change Firefox permissions for the Elan website to save the login cookie. It has only requested 2FA once.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have any of you wondered if they are planning on sunsetting "Quicken Classic" now that it has a new name? Maybe this is the etiology of our cumulatively unacceptable experiences of these service failures where there were very few for seemingly a couple of decades.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• r-e-l
    r-e-l Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

past couple of days i am unable to download transaction from Elan Financial Services.

I tried to log in from the website and it feels like a new log in experience. As part of it they sending code to the phone before giving access. (2FA).

Do others see the same issue? if you resolved it, how did you do it?

This discussion has been closed.