Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• rfisher983
    Options

I have the same issues as acferrad post on 9/28 at 11am. This issue for me started around 9/20~ and deactivating the elan fin services account and reactivating gives the same popup. I'm able to log into myaccountaccess.com without any issues.

• Lamp Lighter
    Lamp Lighter Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Fidelity Rewards Elan Financial is updating the Elan website and it's not going well. The tech I spoke to claims the (known) error seems to be on their side. Meantime use the download to Quicken function from the website. Just be sure to change the date range or you will have a lot of duplicate entries.

• Lewis
    Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

Neither connection works

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This clearly is on elancard's end. They are updating their website (try logging on and you will see). When they finish their update, quicken will be able to update their side. It may take a while, so one will need to do everything manually for now.

• qwuser1999
    Options

Look at the known OLB errors page. CC-502 and CC-505 errors are happening with MANY different banks. This is not a Fidelity problem this is a Quicken problem. I was getting CC-502 which started working a couple of weeks ago then this past week stopped working but the error is different now it is CC-505. I can't believe this issue has been happening for more than 1 month with no fix from Quicken nor is there any communication from Quicken on a timeline to release a fix. BTW I just had a Quicken update today so I am on the latest. Now it is called Quicken Classic which to me says they plan on releasing new software that will replace the current Quicken.

I am ready to move from Quicken. In addition to this issue, I still have issues downloading transactions to my Fidelity cash management accounts. Anyone have a recommendation for another financial management software they have used and liked?

https://community.quicken.com/discussions/tagged/Known-OLB-Errors/p1

• cs12
    cs12 Member
    Options

Not that it helps but none of the aggregators can connect right now. I've tried Mint, Empower, YNAB…all have the same issue. Its on the Elan / Fidelity side. I believe Elan made changes recently - perhaps they broke it.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

I have many Fidelity accounts, (401k, cash management, brokerage, roth, etc) and I have no issues downloading any of these. I'm using the Windows version of Quicken. You may want to try to reset the cash management account and see if that helps.

I also have the Fidelity Credit card, controlled via Elan. That started failing on me a few months ago. Somebody mentioned to go directly to Elan since they use the same username/pwd.. I did that and it worked fine until recently. Now both Fidelity and Elan don't work. very frustrating for sure.

Didn't quicken start forcing a yearly fee on their product to have the ability to directly download data? Maybe they can give customers who use Elan some cash back since obviously we need to download the transactions manually.

• MSVA
    MSVA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Question for Quicken: when are you going to fix the Fidelity Rewards problem? [Removed - Rant] I installed an update last night, and it did not fix the problem. Please communicate.

• Brad B.
    Brad B. Member
    Options

This is a sad reflection on Elan and Quicken. I have worked in the IT side of the financial service industry (secondary mortgage market) for 30 years. When the customers can not log into our site, we are working on the problem 24x7 until the problem is fixed. The company is losing money until the problem is resolved as customers are going elsewhere.

What is going on here? This problem has been going on for a week now.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

Way back when this issue began I tried to reset account. of course that put me offline. every time I try to put the account back on line as of today, 9/29, ( or add it as a new account with Elan) I get cc502. the 505 error is no longer showing.

my solution to keep things up to date is to go into Fidelity rewards through my browser and check balance and transactions and update the total for the transactions in quicken just for balance purposes.

frustrated, today's update was to update the logo for Quicken………

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are many threads already on this issue. (try searching and you can find them).

• Dennis Mc
    Dennis Mc Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - 3rd-Party Software] is able to download transactions from Elan Financial Services, so why can't Quicken?

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can down your individual transactions in a QFX file from the Fidelity Rewards site (Elan) and simply import them to Quicken until the issue is resolved.

• wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    Options

i know that can work, but won’t you end up with duplicate downloads once the CC-502 and CC-505 errors are eliminated? Is there a way to prevent duplication other than manually deleting the second ones that come in?

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My register preference is set to NOT enter transactions in the register automatically. I review them individually and either accept or delete. In other words, you delete the ones you already have in your register…. simple! I do this on all my accounts since many times I enter transactions manually long before them come in from an update.

• wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    Options

My preferences are aet the same way. Still a pain to check what is already there vs what may be new. I have a significant number of transactions…easy but time consuming. I was hoping for a way to avoid duplication altogether. The longer this goes on, the bigger the pain.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jcarolan -

Didn't quicken start forcing a yearly fee on their product to have the ability to directly download data? Maybe they can give customers who use Elan some cash back since obviously we need to download the transactions manually.

Quicken does not charge the financial institutions anything for their downloading of data.

Of the 4 different connection methods, for the financial institutions there is only one of them that Intuit (not Quicken) charges a fee for and that is for Direct Connect. That is not a new charge, it has been in place for many years, maybe even from the very start of DC.

This charge is one of the reasons (not the only one) why several financial institutions have already dropped DC and switched to supporting either EWC or EWC+. That trend is going to continue but we just don't know when or how quickly that will happen.

Neither the Elan nor Fidelity Rewards financial institutions support DC. They already support only EWC. So, there is no fee they are paying to Intuit.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Got CC-800 this morning from Elan during OSU instead of CC-502.

Hopefully, the errors are changing because the problem is being worked.

When I tried to add the Elan account into Quicken per the error instructions, I got the CC-502 error.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭
    Options

That's not my point. You cannot download any transactions into quicken unless you pay for their 'yearly' plan and renew their product. arguably, i could've stayed with an older version of quicken and downloaded transactions manually. This is what is happening now. These financial institutions should want to support quicken as it helps with customer retention (alot of people us Quicken). So, somebody should make this a critical issue between Quicken and Elan, and get it working. that's what we pay for.

• Dean Q
    Dean Q Member
    Options

I see some conversations concerning this 502 connection problem, sort of.

Running Windows 10, Quicken Classic with Webconnet online downloads established, stopped working a week ago (approx.).

I've read several postings elsewhere in the Quicken community, as posted to date so, please don't offer previously proposed fixes, I've tried all of the ones that are not going to be destructive to my Quicken records. I know this, I'm not going to do manual downloads, that's what I'm paying Quicken to do for me.

Here's the deal - no one is talking about. the recent change where ELAN Visa now requires 2 factor authentication to access the ELAN Visa account website. When ELAN invoked that change, the Quicken connection broke.

I went through this same issue with a Discover card connection over a year ago when Discover started 2 factor authentication. It took a couple weeks for Quicken to fix that connection issue. That Discover connection now works flawlessly.

I'm not a technical person. The way I see it, the timing of the ELAN Visa change to the Quicken connection 502 error appearing at the same time is not coincidental. Without technical knowledge, I don't know why Quicken can't look up the Discover solution and apply that solution to this current ELAN Visa 502 error issue.,

All I know is, I not feeling I'm getting the service I'm paying Quicken to do for me. Please get this ELAN Visa 502 error issue resolved already.

• Rick M
    Rick M Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating. Hey Quicken, it seems there is always a download issue with your software!

• irvserve
    irvserve Member ✭✭
    Options

LOL. Guess it was more important to update the logo than fix the bug :)

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dean Q Express Web Connect stopped working for me about a week ago for Elan downloads.

However, regular Webconnect is still working for me although a bit more manual process.

It would not be surprising the 2FA or some other web update that Elan says they are doing has broken EWC.

• tarkus9
    tarkus9 Member
    Options

9/29/2023 still not working

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I logged in to my Fidelity Investment account just now and after I did their "Repair" on the credit card, it updated with all my latest transactions. Quicken had already accommodated ELAN's previous 2FA.

• Lhe
    Lhe Member
    Options

I've been getting this same error since sometime after 9/13/2023 (the last date it downloaded). My bank is South State Bank. When I sign into my credit card account on Elan Financial Services I see a message "Our Site is being updated to give you a better experience" in case that is significant.

• rabmsn
    rabmsn Member ✭✭
    Options

In spite of (Ticket # 10436027), this has been going on far to long…. I've tried to be patient, but this needs to get corrected!

• mcody0826
    Options

Still not working.

Do I need to delete the account and re-add it?

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Bione Can you please clarify?

Did you login into Fidelity Investment account website, or was it when you tried to download the Fidelity card transactions from within Quicken?
    Where did you do the Repair, in Fidelity website or in Quicken?

If it was from in Quicken, what error did Quicken show prior to doing the Repair.

The CC-502 feature is not giving me a Repair option.

This discussion has been closed.