OL-362A - Vanguard IRA account (edit)

Options
AlexQQQQ
AlexQQQQ Member ✭✭

I am trying to setup downloading for a Vanguard IRA account in addition to my Vanguard taxable account, which used to work. After One-step update runs I receive an error message "ol-362-a Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your quicken data file"

How do I troubleshoot this? I can't even find a list of accounts that Quicken is trying to update anywhere, much less what the problem account is.

Answers

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AlexQQQQ - -This usually happens when you have one investment account (most likely the taxable account) that has been set up for transaction downloads under more than one username. In other words, the account is probably accessible by two usernames on the Vanguard website and has been set up on Quicken with online services using both usernames. If this is indeed the case, then to fix this error, you would need to disconnect online services from one of the usernames by selecting "Do not download to Quicken". I think the best way to do this is to deactivate all Vanguard accounts and then reactivate paying close attention to the accounts that are common between both usernames and choosing only one username to set up online services for. After this is done, then close Quicken and then reopen and do another One Step Update (OSU).

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't even find a list of accounts that Quicken is trying to update anywhere, much less what the problem account is.

You can get this information by going to Tools > Account list.

QWin Premier subscription
  • AlexQQQQ
    AlexQQQQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, that is helpful.

I went to the account list for my vanguard account, clicked edit for both the taxable and IRA accounts, went to online services and Reset them for both accounts. I have compared the list of mutual funds in Quicken with that on the Vanguard page and they are identical. Still I receive the same error message in the title. Is there any way of displaying in Quicken the alleged erroneous data it thinks Vanguard is downloading?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got several OL-362-A errors a couple of days ago after adding a new investing account and setting it up for downloading. The errors were for all the financial institutions (FIs) that were processed after the new one in the One Step Update.

In my case, restarting Quicken and running the OSU again resolved the problem.

Have you tried that?

QWin Premier subscription
  • AlexQQQQ
    AlexQQQQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you! I had restarted Quicken several times, but I had not rebooted my PC, which your note reminded me of. The error message after OSU is now gone.

This discussion has been closed.