Errors in new transaction count and new transactions if update accounts a second time.

Options
Bione
Bione Member ✭✭✭

The first item I have noticed regularly. Today doing the first update one of the credit cards (Elon/Fidelity) showed 14 new transactions in the summary which I knew was not correct. That was what was reported yesterday when they actually appeared for the first time in the register. No new transactions were added today. I did the update a second time within 5 minutes at 9:00AM and now it picked up actual transactions for another credit card (Amex) and bank (Truist). I think more consistency is needed here. I do not want to do two updates to make sure I have everything. R51.12

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the General tab of Account Details: What is the Financial Institution that is listed in the upper right corner of that tab? Also, is the account number shown there the correct one for that Fidelity credit card or is it for some other account?

Also, after you initially set up your Fidelity credit card for download, did you at any time deactivate that connection and then set it up, again?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

These are existing accounts that have been setup some time ago and are checked daily. Nothing has changed especially doing the update and then again in 5 minutes. But since you asked I did check the account numbers, and it was interesting that the Truist Checking account only had the last four digits in it with no XX's proceeding it. The Amex was fine.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Sorry, I misunderstood what you had originally posted. I thought you had an issue just with the Fidelity credit card downloads adding transactions there that are not correct and then adding transactions into that same Fidelity credit card account from Amex and Truist.

I now understand that you are referring to 2 different issues:

1. Fidelity credit card transactions were downloaded that are not correct.
    2. When you did One Step Update the first time, transactions for Amex and Truist did not download but 5 minutes later they did.

Did I get this correct now?

Regarding the Truist checking account number showing only the last 4 digits: I do not know what the norm for Truist is but some financial institutions that will show the full account number, some will only some of the last 4-6 digits preceded by X's and some will show just the last 4-6 digits with no X's preceding it. As long as downloaded transactions are getting sent to the correct account in Quicken I wouldn't worry about it.

Getting back to the Fidelity credit card:

1. Please provide the exact financial institution name that it is set up with. Is it Fidelity Rewards Credit Card, Fidelity Investments or Elan Financial Services?
    2. What was incorrect about the transactions? Dollar amount, Payee, Memo or….? Or are they duplicates of what was previously entered into the register?

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ELAN Financial/Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. On Tuesday it downloaded with 14 new transactions which were correct. On Wednesday, it again showed 14 transactions in the summary page but nothing new in the credit card register. Basically, the summary page repeated the count from the previous page with nothing really new actually downloaded. I have seen this before and consider it a nuisance which has happened randomly for some time.

Regarding Amex and Truist. On Wednesday One Step Update loaded no new transactions for them. I ran it a second time and got one new Amex and 3 new Truist transactions loaded.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

There is no "ELAN Financial/Fidelity Rewards Credit Card" financial institution in Quicken for Windows.

Elan Financial is the card issuer and manager. Fidelity Rewards Credit Card is a website with the Fidelity badge that is set up and managed by Elan. They are 2 separate financial institutions in Quicken. Transactions for the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card can be downloaded from both. However, one is significantly more prone to reliability and data quality issues than the other.

So, which are you connected with? Elan Financial? Or Fidelity Rewards Credit Card?

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am connected to ELAN

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

OK, that is very helpful. Sorry to do this but I need some additional information.

When you last ran OSU to download from Elan, did you get an error code or message? If so, what was it?

When OSU failed, did you try any of the following steps to see if the issue would resolve? If you did, what happened?

• Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.

At the top of the Account Register just beneath the Account Name do you see something similar to what is shaded in yellow in the following picture? If what you see is different, exactly how is it different?

On the Online Services tab of Account Details do you see the same information that is shaded in yellow in the following picture?

This discussion has been closed.