How to get Quicken to add a HELOC as a Credit Card account

Options
ajjantz
ajjantz Member ✭✭

I'm using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property (Version R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12) with Windows 11 Pro on a custom-built machine. I need to add my Navy Federal CU HELOC to my Quicken accounts. I've read MANY places, the best practice is to add a HELOC as a credit card account, however, no what I try, Quicken doesn't give me option to select credit card type of account. My options are Mortgage, Loan, Auto Loan, Consumer Loan, Commerical Loan, Military Loan, Business Loan, Construction Loan or Home Equity Loan (if I select Home Equity Loan, it asks question that are NOT in my loan documentation). I've even tried to add it as an Offline Account and selected HELOC then activate/setup Online Services through Account details with the same options, i.e., every other type of loan. Any ideas. I'm completely perplexed.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is it asking that you can't answer? Because your lender MIGHT not allow downloading into the account … so what lender?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried creating your Navy Federal CU HELOC as offline Credit Card account and, once created, attempted to activate it?
    If that works, good.
    If it doesn't, I recommend maintaining it as offline account for the foreseeable future and manually recording transactions as needed. The majority of transactions will be transfers between Checking and HELOC anyway, easily memorized. And a Scheduled Reminder will take care of the monthly Interest Charge.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The monthly interest charge might not download anyway … when I had a HELOC it never did.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.