WESTERRA CU cc501 error

Options
Trishia
Trishia Member

I have been trying to download banking information since 8/23/23. My software is up to date. I have restarted/rebooted system & checked for windows update. I have checked that the VPN is not engaged. I have cleared cookies.

For the last week it has been saying that it was not my fault. Today, I was able to get a security code, but it still does not find my accounts & goes into a loop to try again.

I need to be able to download banking info. This is so frustrating! What changed a week ago?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did a search in Community and yours is the only post about Westerra since last Feb so it appears this is not an issue others are experiencing with Westerra at this time. That is a strong indication that there is an issue specific to your connection.

You might want to try, if you have not already done so, doing what I do when I get a CC-501 error that does not self-resolve within 1-2 days. One of these steps often will resolve a CC-501 error.:

1. Enter the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction. Then Backup the data file. (This is not a necessary step but it can be very helpful in resolving any issues that might occur in the following steps.)
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account. Usually this will complete without you needing to do anything but once in a while you might get prompted to decide what to do with downloaded data. If this happens make sure you select "Link to…" your existing account in Quicken and correct the Account Name and Account Type shown in the popup if they are incorrect.
    3. If #2 did not resolve the issue: The same process as #2 except instead of clicking on Reset Account, click on Deactivate > Set up Now. You will very likely be prompted to decide what to do with the download so make sure you select "Link to…" your existing account in Quicken and correct the Account Name and Account Type shown in the popup if they are incorrect.

If after completing the step(s) above, if your connection has been reestablished but your account balance is off:

1. Check your Opening Balance transaction dollar amount. If it is different than what you had previously entered into the Memo field, correct it to match what is in the Memo field.
    2. If the account balance is still incorrect: Look through the Account Register for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one of them and retain the other. (Generally you will not need to go back in the register more than the last 90 days.)
    3. If the account balance is still incorrect: Sort the Account Register by Payee. Look for a 2nd Opening Balance transaction and delete it if you find one. (It should be easy to identify which one is the one to be deleted because it will not have the dollar amount entered into the Memo field.)

Did any of this resolve the issue for you? If so, which step was it?

If none of the above helped to resolve the issue for you, you should probably report it to Quicken Support by Phone or Chat ( https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support ) or from within Quicken via Help > Report a Problem.

If you cannot wait for the issue to be resolved, it looks like Westerra supports the Web Connect connection method. This is where you log into your online account at Westerra, manually download transactions in a QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") formatted file and then import that into Quicken. So this gives you another option to try.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Trishia
    Trishia Member
    Options

I tried to do the steps above, and still am not able to connect. I tried to manually download with a QFX formatted file & received an error (ol error ol.221.a).

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

For an OL-221-A error, you might want to read the Support Article at the following link: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services . The very last bullet in that Support Article talks about OL-221-A error code when using Web Connect.

Have you tried Validate & Repair (File > Validate & Repair File > check the box for Validate File)? It can fix some data file and installation issues.

If V&R does not fix the file, you might want to try creating a new data file…File > New Quicken File > give it a unique file name (TEST would be good). The try adding add the account in there. This will help to identify whether there is an issue with the Westerra or if the issue is with your main data file.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the account register you tried to use as a destination for the downloaded QFX file currently activated for downloading?
    If so, you cannot use it. Either deactivate the account register first or import the QFX data into a new temporary account register, then MOVE all the transactions except the new register's Opening Balance transaction from the temp. register to the existing one.

If you haven't tried it yet, please deactivate ALL your Westerra accounts, including old ones, closed ones, forgotten ones that are still activated for downloading. When done deactivating all accounts create a backup of your Quicken data file. Now close and restart Quicken. Use Tools / Add Accounts (or the "+" icon in the Account Sidebar title) to reactivate all accounts. When you get to the list of accounts found at the bank, very carefully LINK all bank accounts with the correct account register. If you don't do this correctly, you won't like the results.

• Trishia
    Trishia Member
    Options

So the file shows I need to set up download, but I am not able to get to the screen to link accounts. Now my Citibank Costco has a CC800 error. I will try to validate & repair.

• Trishia
    Trishia Member
    Options

I did the validate & repair - it did show a lot of corrections but did not fix the problem.

• Trishia
    Trishia Member
    Options

I called Westerra & they said they had a system upgrade. They also stated that other members had registered an issue. They are working on a resolution.

• rockythunder
    Options

Not sure why Westerra can't get their stuff together. Between the digital banking snafu, changing account names, and going for days without a fix is just unacceptable in my book. Been with them since they were Jeffco Credit Union, over 25 years. With all the other options out there, and limited issues from most banks I am about ready to cancel all my accounts and go elsewhere. Westerra can't seem to keep up with the digital issues they seem to have on a continual basis. Still cannot access my savings account via quicken, as it is not attached to our account no matter what I do. I called them and they were supposed to have dealt with this over 2 months ago, and I was told I would receive a phone call within a week to see if the fix worked. Still nothing. Not sure how much lower they can go.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Trishia . Sorry about not replying earlier but I've been kind of out of commission the last couple of days. It sounds like this is a Westerra issue that they are working on so there's not much more to do about it but to wait for them to fix it.

But if you really want/need to get transactions downloaded before the issue is resolved: The FIDIR file (lists all financial institutions support Quicken, which connection methods they support and which types of accounts they support) shows the following for Westerra.

14013 14013 14013 Westerra Credit Union https://www.westerracu.com/ 1-800-858-7212 https://www.westerracu.com/ ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

What this says is that Westerra supports manual downloading of transactions for Bank and Credit accounts via the Web Connect method.

NOTE: If you head down this path, be sure to enter your Opening Balance transaction into the Memo field of that transaction. Repeat for each Westerra account you might have. Then backup your data file. Both of these steps can greatly ease recovery should something go wrong.

Web Connect requires you to log into your online account at Westerra, select the transactions you want to download (some allow you to select a specific date range of transactions while others require you to select a statement), export or download it in an QFX (not OFX) or "Quicken" or "Web Connect" formatted file and either open it with Quicken or save it to your hard drive to be imported into Quicken later.

When Quicken imports the QFX file you should get prompted to make a decision about what to do with the data. Make sure you select the account you already have set up in Quicken. If Quicken does not give you this option and instead wants to create a new account for it, I suggest you cancel the import and post it back here. I or someone else will be able to walk you through the steps to address that issue.

After importing the data into the account, if the account balance is incorrect:

1. Check the Opening Balance transaction. If the dollar amount is different from what you had previously entered into the Memo field, correct it to match what you have entered in the Memo field.
    2. Check for duplicate transactions that might be entered. If you find any, delete one of each duplicate (it doesn't matter which one).
    3. If the account balance is still off, check the register to see if there is a 2nd Opening Balance transaction that has a more recent date. If you find one, delete it.

Repeat these steps for each Westerra account you might have.

Future downloads using Web Connect should not experience any of these issues….just download, import and review the imported transactions as you normally would.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.