Show "Memo" field on Bill and Income Reminders maintenance window

Options
GeoDosch
GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
edited October 2023 in Display/UI

When editing existing Bill and Income reminders, which is reached via the "Manage Manual Bills and Income" button on the "Bills & Income" tab, the list does not include the "Memo" field from the transaction. When there are many reminders from the same payee, it's necessary to edit each entry to see which is which.

Tagged:
2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems odd that you would have so many Reminders for Amazon. Are those for subscription items that will be sent periodically?

This idea is related to this one.

QWin Premier subscription
  • GeoDosch
    Options

@Jim_Harman, yes, they're Amazon subscription items that are sent monthly, bi-monthly, etc.

I found the post you're referring to when I was checking to see if this had already been requested. It's similar, and it was a big help when Quicken implemented that change on the entry screen. But my request is asking for a similar change to the management screen for those items.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Until the programmers get a round tuit and make this change 😃 here's a possible workaround:

Use distinct payee names for each of these subscription items, e.g.
    Amazon.com {subscription A}
    Amazon.com {subscription B}
    etc.

The use of {curly braces} is optional. You can use any other method that meets your needs.
    Use of {curly braces} dates back to the time where one would print paper checks and needed to have a correct "Pay to the order of" payee name, e.g., "ACME Ins.", yet wanted to be able to see, "ACME Ins. {car}" vs. "ACME Ins. {home}" in the Quicken records and, if needed, have different mailing addresses.
    Text within braces would not print on checks but anywhere else in Quicken.

• GeoDosch
    Options

@UKR, thanks for the work-around suggestion. I saw that mentioned in the other thread regarding seeing the memos on the bill pay screen. However, doing that would create havoc with my reports! 😮

At this point I will suffer along as I have been, and hope a change for it comes out soon. 😐️