Automatic back ups...where ?

Options

About 5 months ago I had to replace my computer and about that same time my Quicken subscription lapsed. I just renewed but I dio not have me saved quicken files on the new computer and cannot access the ones stored on the old computer.

Question: Are there any auto back ups stored by quicken automatically

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Question: Are there any auto back ups stored by quicken automatically "

Yes, in Preferences you can set the frequency of automatic backups Quicken will make when you close a file. The problem is that these backups - stored in a Folder labeled "Backups" - resided in the same Folder that holds your Quicken data files. The backups and data are usually stored as C: > Users Folder > (Your name) Folder > Documents Folder > Quicken Folder, unless you've chosen to use a different place. So unless you still have the C: hard drive from that old computer I expect you're out of luck.

To ovoid this sort of problem in the future you should also use the Preferences option for "manual" backups, made every "X" number of times you close your Quicken data file. This should be someplace else than your hard drive containing the C: directory, like another hard drive, a thumb drive, or "the cloud." (You can't use the cloud as a place where your active, live data file lives.)

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Question: Are there any auto back ups stored by quicken automatically "

Yes, in Preferences you can set the frequency of automatic backups Quicken will make when you close a file. The problem is that these backups - stored in a Folder labeled "Backups" - resided in the same Folder that holds your Quicken data files. The backups and data are usually stored as C: > Users Folder > (Your name) Folder > Documents Folder > Quicken Folder, unless you've chosen to use a different place. So unless you still have the C: hard drive from that old computer I expect you're out of luck.

To ovoid this sort of problem in the future you should also use the Preferences option for "manual" backups, made every "X" number of times you close your Quicken data file. This should be someplace else than your hard drive containing the C: directory, like another hard drive, a thumb drive, or "the cloud." (You can't use the cloud as a place where your active, live data file lives.)

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why can't you access your Quicken files/backups on the old computer?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you are asking — does Quicken store your data anywhere in a Cloud service other than on your local hard drive or any other place you may have created backups …

Answer - NO

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.