One Step Update after Quicken ID email change (edit)

Options

After changing my email, I can no longer enter credentials to perform the One Step Update. The sign in screen comes on and with the prior email locked in and I cannot change it. I have tried Edit/Preferences/Quicken ID but I get the same locked screen. Thank you!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Houston Hop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When you say that you changed your email, do you mean your Quicken ID?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Houston Hop 2
    Options

Jasmine, Yes, I logged into the online account and changed the Quicken ID to new email address. I can login to the online account just fine. And when I open the desktop app, it opens just fine. However, I encounter a problem when I try the One Step Update. Thanks!

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @Houston Hop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in using the new email address. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Houston Hop 2
    Options

Anja, thanks that worked. :)

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.