Filter new posts by FI?

Options
Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta

My main financial institution is Citibank, with a bit of Bank of America. Can the programmers create a filter so that when I look at new posts, I see only those posts that involve these two financial institutions.

There is such a high volume of daily posts that it is very time-consuming to go through all recent posts to pick out just the posts involving one of these two banks.

Or, am I late to the party (again) because this idea has already been proposed by someone else?

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Wouldn't searching on the bank name & sorting the posts newest first accomplish the same thing?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Phil, just for your understanding, this forum is not software created by Quicken; it's commercial software for a user forum from a company called Vanilla Forums. The Quicken team cannot create custom features for this website.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Phil Burton
    Options

@jacobs

Thanks for pointing this out. However the Quicken team can submit a feature request to Vanilla Forums. That's not a bad name, considering the limited functionality of the forum software.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wouldn't work. Most posts are about Q, and not a particular FI.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    Options

However the Quicken team can submit a feature request to Vanilla Forums.

Yup, they can. But the track record in this area has been pretty poor. There are some features people in the user community complained to Quicken about immediately after moving to this platform 3+ years ago, which Quicken relayed to Vanilla, and then… nothing. (To cite just a few: The ability to unsubscribe to email notifications from a thread you've posted in, the ability to click Quote on a previous post but selectively edit it to the relevant sentence or two, the ability for force a user to specify which product they're posting about… and many others. 😉)

That's not a bad name, considering the limited functionality of the forum software.

It's the built-in joke which keeps on giving. 😀

• Phil Burton
    Options

Agreed about the built-in joke comment. Another annoyance is that if I get an email notification of a new post, and THEN I log in, I get a home page, not the page of the new post.

Like everyone else, I'm a member of forums that span a range of topics. They all have some quirks, but the Quicken forum software is the worst.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you get an email notification about a new post, open the email and click the big blue "Check it out" button. This will bring you directly to the post in question.

In your browser bookmark https://community.quicken.com/discussions to get to a Community page which shows important announcements at the top, followed by posts in chronological order, newest comment on top.

• Phil Burton
    Options

I do click on the Check It Out button, but I'm not signed in yet. When I do sign in, instead of returning to the specific post I was viewing, I get this page. https://community.quicken.com/

Probably another defect in the design (or implementation?) of the forum software.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably another defect in the design (or implementation?) of the forum software.

Probably. That would be something for the Community moderators to review with the Community website programmers at Vanilla.
    But it could also be a matter of your browser settings, not being able to remember your Community userID from one session to the next.
    For me, I don't log out of the Community at the end of the day and I don't have to sign in again when I come back the next morning.

• jacobs
    Options

That was going to be my suggestion: just don't log out of the site. It only prompts you to re-log in very infrequently.