How can I see a regular savings deposit in my budget (Q Mac)

Options
jhaygood
jhaygood Member ✭✭

We set aside $ each month so when property taxes come up we have the cash. Setting aside that money is part of our monthly budget. But I've found that transfers don't show up in the budget. (I assume because it sees transfers as zeroing out.) I've tried various combinations selecting the TRANSFERS TO or TRANSFERS FROM categories in the budget edit area, but nothing seems to work. The only way I can make it show in the budget is not showing it as a transfer in the register. Is this possible?

Best Answer

• jhaygood
    jhaygood Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK I see the issue. I was expecting the transfer to show up in the budget under its category in the register. But that's not where it appears. It shows up at the bottom of the budget just as a transfer to the other account. I can work with that!

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Is the money you set aside an actual transfer from a checking account to a savings account? If so, you should be able to see it in your budget by checking Transfers To Savings.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jhaygood
    jhaygood Member ✭✭
    Options

As I mentioned I've tried every version of that I could think of and didn't work.

• jhaygood
    jhaygood Member ✭✭
    Options

And if I redo the entry to the register without the transfer field filled it works fine.

• jhaygood
    jhaygood Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK I see the issue. I was expecting the transfer to show up in the budget under its category in the register. But that's not where it appears. It shows up at the bottom of the budget just as a transfer to the other account. I can work with that!

This discussion has been closed.