How to restore sub tabs in the Account Bar?

Options

Somehow, I’ve inadvertently removed the sub-account tabs in the Account Bar. (Refer to the attached screenshot.) Previously under the Banking tab there were sub tabs for Savings and Credit. Also, under the Investing tab there was a sub tab for Retirement.

Is there a way to get these sub tabs back? Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you sure that you are not confusing the Account List (Tools menu) with the appearance of the Account Bar.

I've never had more that the faint grey line shown in your screenshot, no words.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Options

Up until yesterday, the sub tabs Savings, Credit, and Retirement appeared in the Account Bar.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have an old version and my account bar is like that…only a line between the sections. But on my Home screen main page the All Accounts list are broken out with those sub-headings.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What happened yesterday?
    Might you have been looking at Quicken for Mac yesterday? AFAIK, they have something like these kinds of sub tabs.

I have to concur with @volvogirl
    The Account Sidebar in Quicken for Windows never had subtotals / sub tabs for account types.

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi UKR. Thank you for your reply.

I only have Quicken for Windows and up until a few days ago there were sub tabs for Savings, Credit, and Retirement in the Account Bar. I noticed the Retirement tab went away while I was moving a retirement account on the Account List screen. I was adjusting the order to move the account to the top of the list. I inadvertently clicked the order button one too many times and the Retirement sub tab was replaced in the Account Bar by a thin line.

Later, while on the Account List screen, I selected All Accounts and clicked the Options button to sort all of the accounts into alphabetical order. That is when the sub tabs for Savings and Credit disappeared in the Account Bar.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dlessmann - Does this look like what you used to see?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• dlessmann
    dlessmann Member ✭✭
    Options

No, I have the Account Bar on the right side of the page, and the Accounts List displayed on the left. See below.

One advantage to displaying the Account Bar is you get a grand total of all your assets under Net Worth. This makes it easy to do a quick check to make sure none of your accounts have radically changed.

Previously the Account Bar contained sub tabs for Savings, Credit, and Retirement similar to what is displayed on the left side of the page. The sub tabs included subtotals for each type of account.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like the others posting here, I do not recall ever seeing the Account Bar with subtotal lines…just with the bar lines. I just wanted to post something that sounded like maybe it was what you might have been describing. Thanks for posting the pic you did to definitively rule out the All Accounts view for us.

Do you have a recent backup file from before when this all changed for you that you can restore? Maybe whatever you were seeing before is still present in it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.