How do I change two account transactions

Options
turbo44
turbo44 Member ✭✭

Windows 10 version R52.20

I have an account that has an entry with a ticker symbol for cash. This entry is the same name as the cash entry at my financial institution. I also have in Quicken the Cash entry. The actual value of the Cash entry should be $3.94. The value of the cash ticker symbol is negative, the cash amount is a positive number. The difference between the two is $3.94. I want to remove or delete the ticker symbol cash entry and subtract its value from the quicken cash entry which will give me the correct amount in the Cash entry.

I have several other accounts at this financial institution that have a quicken cash entry with the correct amount. They also have the ticker symbol account at the financial institution but not in quicken.

how can I do this?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'll admit I'm not exactly following along with what you're saying here, but it sounds like you have two entries for a particular transaction. one of which is a negative number?

I assume that both of these entries were entered into Quicken via "downloading", neither is a manual entry you made? If that's the case then, first, I'd make sure that one or the other of these entries (or both, if that's the case) really are wrong and need to be deleted. Sometimes coding or other errors at the financial institution that holds the account results in erroneously downloaded transactions and get corrected in a subsequent download.

But if one or the other entries, or both, are just "wrong" and need to be deleted, then one of the usual ways of doing this is to select the transaction and, after it's selected, simultaneously press {Ctrl}-d. The should delete the transaction. There's also a "Delete" button associated with each selected transaction, so clicking on that should also work.

Alternatively if you simply wan to edit a transaction you should be able to do that in pretty much the same fashion, i.e., selecting and pressing {Ctrl}-e, or clicking on the "Edit" button.

• turbo44
    turbo44 Member ✭✭
    Options

I understand what you are saying, and I also understand your confusion, as I had trouble trying to write the description of my problem. The above is from the portfolio page, and shows all the content of one account (IRA). Note the negative value of FDRXX Cash and the positive value of Cash. both are created from downloaded entries. The FDRXX cash entry should not appear here, and its negative value should be subtracted from the Cash value leaving the actual cash value of the account. What I am asking is, how do I get rid of the FDRXX entry and reduce the value of the Cash entry by the negative amount. This is not a single transaction, as far as I can tell, and it started last November and I got lazy and let it slide until now. For some reason the FDRXX and the Cash got crossed up in November and have remained that way. Note that I have several accounts where FDRXX comes across correctly from Fidelity into the Cash account in Quicken. In fact, that is happening correctly for this account as well. Its just that somehow the FDRXX got created with a negative value.

I hope this makes more sense than my original attempt.

This discussion has been closed.