Wells Fargo OL-393-A 9/11/23 (QWIN)

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭

I am sure it will clear up in a few hours, but since there is no way through the bank's communicaitons for us to know they have temporarily taken something down, I thought I would post here in case it persists or just so we all know it's not just our account. Please post if you see it this morning as well!

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This morning during my update of my Wells accounts I received an error message saying "An error has occurred" No explanation of what the error is.

Has anybody gotten this message and do you know what is going on?

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unknown error while doing one step update.

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Options

I also see this problem this morning!

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm getting OL-393-a errors with WF this morning. Using FMSSetup does not help.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Of course I do :) Reported. Unfortunately, not so unusual….Just search the threads here. Happens too often.

• 4birdie
    4birdie Member ✭✭
    Options

got the same message this morning

• RBUser
    RBUser Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here

• EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wells Fargo online support just confirmed to me that there's a server issue.

• KernBuckle
    KernBuckle Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

99% of the time when I have a Quicken problem, it's with access to my Wells Fargo accounts!

• WhatAmIMissing
    Options

Unable to connect - 9/11/23 - Error OL-383-A

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, same thing

• Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We are using Direct Connect for our Wells Fargo checking accounts and they will not update. In the Update Progress window, after the "Updating financial institution information…" message, we get "An error has occurred." message. If we disable the "Bring my payment information up to date" option, it proceeds normally. We have tried resetting the account with no progress.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

• Glenn Stokes
    Options

I have had same issue with no updates from Wells Fargo. The banker I spoke to did not inform me that there were server issues.
    I will call them back to inquire further and wait another 48 hours and try to update again.
    I suspect , with no confirmation, that they are trying to implement a 2 step process before doing a download and they may be having problems with this.
    I can understand that 2 step is good security however this will be an unwelcome hassle for me, especially when out of the country with no cell text .

• nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    Options

I am getting an error with Direct Connect for Wells Fargo. None of my accounts are updating. I get an OL-393-A error and "Quicken is unable to update your accounts" message.

• Al EMPE
    Al EMPE Member
    Options

Error OL-393-A

Wells Fargo technical support is aware of this problem and claims technicians at both WF and Quicken are working on it. It is related to the Bill Pay module. I have been instructed (but have not tried) to temporarily deactivate the Bill Pay function so you can continue to download your account activity. To do this go to:

Tools>Account List>Edit>Online Services>Bank Bill Pay>Deactivate

You will have to reactivate the account(s) when this problem is resolved on the WF/Quicken ends

• mrlarsen
    mrlarsen Member ✭✭
    Options

I talked to Quicken Support and Wells Fargo Quicken support this morning about this issue. Wells Fargo knows of the problem and are working to fix it. I was told to try again tomorrow.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It does seem like all you have to do for now is uncheck "Bring my payment information up to date" and it works for me.

• shyavitz
    shyavitz Member ✭✭
    Options

Where is the "Bring my payment information up to date" option set?

• Ariel Levy
    Ariel Levy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi! This error has been happening with Wells Fargo when performing one-step updates since yesterday. Is this a known community error with a fix in progress?

[Merged Post]

• nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    Options

I just successfully completed a Wells Fargo update. It appears my problem is corrected.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@shyavitz when you click the One Step UPdate icon and the dialog box comes up, you'll see it under Wells Fargo:

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mine works now too

• WhatAmIMissing
    Options

Account updated today. Matter appears to have been resolved.

• ashythibo
    Options

I am still getting an error. UGH! And the program keeps locking up on me.

• nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't see this when I do a one-step update. I am wondering if this is platform or version specific. I have Windows Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property, version R52.20.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don’t think tou see it if you have not signed up for bill pay with the bank. In any case it’s appearing fixed for some now, I had bill pay on today no problems.

• nls
    nls Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. For me, I saw a way to disable it on the Account List using the edit button for each of the Wells Fargo accounts. They previously had Bill Pay yes, now have Bill Pay no. I did that on the day of the problem and the update started working again. I do not use Bill Pay anyway, but just wanted to understand for future reference.

This discussion has been closed.