Quicken Bill Manager vs Autopayments at Biller

Options

I have windows premier with the basic Bill Manager package. I currently have all of my bills set up to autopay through the billers web site. I have the reminders linked to the bills. Is there any downside to switching to Quicken Bill Manager? One thing I am missing is my projected balances based on projected bill payments.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's "more than a few" posts in here about problems with Bill Manager - including posts about late or skipped payment - but offhand I can't remember any posts complaining about autopay through the biller's website. A missed or late payment sucks and I've never had that happen with any biller account I've set up with autopay.

As to projected balances, I'd simply have (and do have) Reminders entered in the check Register "X" number of days before the bill is actually due (I typically go out a month or two) so any near-term projections include those costs.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are two distinct features: Bill Minder which is bill presentment and quick pay/check pay which is bill payment, As @Tom Young mentioned, problems with both features get reported here fairly often.

The bill presentment feature retrieves the amount and due date for the billers you set up and updates the bill reminder with the retrieved info. You basically give Quicken your login credentials for each biller’s website, then Quicken service will login to those biller websites every day to try to find the next bill’s information.

Personally, I would not feel comfortable providing the login credentials for all my biller websites, so I opt to use manual bill reminders instead.

You can use manual bill reminders or Bill Minder or some combination of both methods. Both methods should facilitate predicting your future cash flow and account balances.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.