Why doesn't my new Charles Schwab accounts download any action when I run one step Update?

Options
terryho99
terryho99 Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

My Schwab accounts transferred fine but it only downloaded an amount for dividends and not what security it is. Also it downloads that same amount as a deposit. When I run one step update it doesn't download anything. I had reset the account to even get anything to download. There has to be other people having this same issue.

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I assume it was a TD Ameritrade account that moved to Schwab? If so it's because of the migration to Schwab. The dividends earned prior and being paid now are going to TDA first and then transferred to Schwab. Once the dividends are earned while st Schwab it will process with a better description

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this a new account that you've recently opened at Schwab, or is this an account that got transferred from TD Ameritrade? Is this "new behavior" in the Quicken Schwab Account, i.e., has it worked properly before, but doesn't now?

Are all the securities properly showing up in the Quicken Account, correct as to quantity (shares), and cost basis.

It would be good to provide some background here about you situation.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I assume it was a TD Ameritrade account that moved to Schwab? If so it's because of the migration to Schwab. The dividends earned prior and being paid now are going to TDA first and then transferred to Schwab. Once the dividends are earned while st Schwab it will process with a better description

• terryho99
    terryho99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank You! I just noticed today that it has TDA transfer before the security name so that makes sense.

• jpolries
    Options

It's happening to me as well. These are not new accounts nor TDamerican accounts….so frustrating

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jpolries

You're getting downloaded dividends transactions that doesn't specify the security and also seeing that dollar amount downloaded again as a Deposit, and this is happening in Quicken Schwab Accounts that have been in existence for some time?

That is decidedly odd and pretty much unexplainable it it's not the TD Ameritrade issue. Can you post a screenshot of one of these events?

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As I expected, today I received my first dividend where the record date was after the transfer date. The dividend was processed normally as a dividend and with the correct symbol and security name. I anticiapte a few more dividends will still be coming from TDA as transfers but within a week or two all should be normal at Schwab.

• HandySam
    Options

Same issue here with Tda description of interest / dividend but not what position earned it. Was told by CH Rep that its not their problem. Said they knew nothing about Quicken or any issues. So sorry TD sold out. From what I can see, I will have to go in manually and track each interest and dividend transaction thats marked Tda Tran - Ordinary Dividend (b etc and correct. This is a major pain.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@HandySam, if read the posts abovethe issue will resolve itself once all dividends that were "earned" at TDA (the record date occurred while the account was at TDA)are paid. Any earned while at Schwab should process properly. I have seen this work exactly as expected in my accounts. It has nothing to do with Quicken or Schwab for that matter. The issue is the dividends are paid to TDA and then the cash is transferred to

• megnmac
    megnmac Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Schwab accounts are not downloading at all, although I have set up and re-setup them.

This discussion has been closed.