Capital One cards multiple accounts and Quicken crashing

Options
karen m
karen m Member ✭✭✭

This is from another thread that @quicken kristina posted but the thread was closed so I am trying to reply using a new discussion. Frustrating when you can't reply in a thread that concerns your issue because they closed it already. I am having the same issue with Capital one accounts that have one login for more than one cc account. But the additional annoying thing is that every time I try to report a problem as suggested by @Quicken Kristina Quicken crashes. Everytime. You think they would have noticed this issue as I always report it when it crashes.

I have not yet tried the suggestion that is given about using different connection options as not even sure how you could do that since they share a login? The user ID's are the same in other words.

Previous post by @quicken kristina - "Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached, screenshots of the error message, and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

Capital One does offer multiple connection options through Quicken. Have you tried connecting one User ID under one connection option and the other under a different one (for example having the user ID with the credit card under Capital One Card Services and the other user ID connected under Capital One 360)?

Thank you."

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @karen m,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

In regard to the issue that you are experiencing when attempting to Report a Problem. I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.