PayPal Credit, MasterCard &Crypto One Time Passcode Not Arriving (QWin)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Connection to Paypal Credit and Paypal World Mastercard

Comments

• Tony Doster
    Tony Doster Member ✭✭
    Options

Beginning September 8th, Quicken asks to send a one-time code to my cell number to complete my Paypal mastercard login. When I select my phone, my phone directs me open the paypal app. It does not send me a code. Now my paypal mastercard account is shown as not available in Quicken. My data is in place, but I cannot update it. Any attempt to add it results in the same issue. I enter my credentials, I'm asked to send a one-time code to my cell phone, a message appears on my phone asking to confirm on the paypal app. I'm asked if I'm trying to log in from the web. If I select yes, I'm able to access my account, but I'm not being given a one-time code to satisfy Quicken's dialog box.

As of now, I've lost the ability to download data from this account.

• pambucher
    pambucher Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Starting last week, Quicken asks to send a one-time code to my cell number to complete my Paypal mastercard login. When I select my phone (there is no other option), my phone directs me open the paypal app and confirm access. When I say yes, it accepts it but does not send me a code. Thus I cannot complete the Quicken dialog box and have to select cancel.

• sschwemm
    sschwemm Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue now where it asks to send me a code, opens the PayPal app, and then nothing happens

• NomadDave
    NomadDave Member ✭✭
    Options

Exactly as others claim. The change went from error code 501 to this OTP code. I am not even getting the code. I logged into both Quicken and PayPal and my numbers are good.

Sounds like getting the code doesn't help either.

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here….

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-7727)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI… I too have been having this problem.

Originally, the only option was to receive a one-time passcode. I chose that option but it never was sent to my mobile phone.

A couple days ago, another option popped up - confirm within the PayPal mobile app. I chose that, and about 30 seconds later, the mobile app on my phone asked me to confirm, which I did.

Quicken still asks for a passcode, though. I put in '1234' every time - and my PayPal Mastercard transactions are downloading. So it's not "working as designed", but it is "working".

I hope there's a way we can eliminate this 2nd-factor authentication, as it's super annoying.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I am sorry for the issues that you are experiencing. Can you provide screen shots of when Quicken asks for the passcode and what you see when you get the confirmation through your app on your phone? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here's my choices for authenticating. I choose the App, and then get a prompt on my phone from the PayPal app (I can't take screenshots on my phone).

Then Quicken asks for the code that was sent. I enter random four numbers and it works. I didn't take a screenshot, sorry.

• I am having the same problem, not sure if its just paypal or all synchrony bank. I have exported my paypal transactions and my quicken will not open the qfx file. So both ways to update paypal are mute.

• donth
    donth Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the work-around. It briefly occurred to me, but seemed too ridiculous to work.

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Everyone…About the PayPal Credit account (not Synchrony credit card) update issue…

*** Choosing the 'App' option on the update method query screen dialog box

*** Answering 'yes' on your PayPal App on your phone

*** Entering random four digits on the Quicken screen

Seems to work every time. Obviously this is not the way it's supposed to work, but it can serve until the SMS Text function is fixed.

Best regards to all!

—-Bruce 😎

• stevedm1
    stevedm1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

When updating my PayPal credit accounts, One Step Update gives me the option to receive a code in text or use the PayPal app. I've tried both many times. I never get a text and the app doesn't give any option to verify.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, Can you let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? If you are, can you please provide screen shots of what you are seeing when asked for the 2FA? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

mine is working normally now.

• Aremel
    Aremel Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

These are out of order but you get it. [Edited - Removed Personal Information From Screenshot]

• erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    Options

Same protocol, same error messages.

This discussion has been closed.