Are Quicken reports broken? "Memo contains" filter not working

Options
JF73
JF73 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I use a report to track my investing Covered Calls. It used to work fine, but lately (since the last update maybe?) it ignores the "Memo contains" filter that I am highlighting below. What happened? It now shows all Realized Gains transactions, whether they have "COVERED CALL" in the Memo field or not.

Not good, please fix ASAP!

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options
  • littlebuffalo
    Options

I am having the same problem. I just posted a new discussion stating the Match Characters are no longer working. This needs fixing ASAP!

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@littlebuffalo

If your issue is filtering on Memo Contains, try clicking on the Memo header in the report to sort in Memo order. You should be able to do this before or after setting the filter criteria and for some reason that makes the Memo contains filter work.

The match characters is a different issue.

QWin Premier subscription
  • littlebuffalo
    Options

Jim_Harman,

Thanks. My issue is with Match Characters not working. I misunderstood your post.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And sorting by the column with the match character filter does not fix it?

QWin Premier subscription
  • lizlaxton
    Options

A report I used several times a day now causes the program to stop responding after the last update. Watching the circle spin until I control Alt delete and stop non responsive quicken. I have tried recreating it and as others mention the memo field no longer works right.

• S. Weston
    S. Weston Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Whoa! Thank you Jim_Harman!! This is not the proper functionality, but yes. If you have a report and filtering the memo field via the Categories tab in the matching box, "Memo contains", hit OK, AND THEN sort by the memo field the filter works. If I then resave that report it works. AND if you use that same report and change the filter criteria, you don't have to sort again.

I hope that helps a lot of people until the issue is fixed. I don't have a lot of different reports with this issue, but I image it woudl be painful to do this if you had many reports.

• Ed_M
    Ed_M Member
    Options

@Jim_Harman you're workaround fixed issue with sorting report by Memo. Many thanks! Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

• Rob Cofer
    Rob Cofer Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Rant]

• thallst
    thallst Member
    Options

Same problem. My reports that use memo contains filter used to work. Now they do not. All transactions included in report. I use this feature a lot!

• Jbone
    Jbone Member
    Options

I'm having issues getting reports to generate using memo. For example, I have always inserted Business Income in the "memo contains" area when attempting to run a report. Once the report was completed I broke the report down into categories…..such as Payee. I am no longer able to generate my reports this way. Hopefully, the issue is resolved soon

• JustinTime007
    JustinTime007 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

This work to some degree alike others with similar work arounds but you loose the ability to sort by any other column. For instance, "DATE". My wife uses this report to fix split transactions that I am not sure what budget category some of the purchase was intended for. Her receipts are in a pie according to date and she now has to shuffle them into piles by store and then find the correct date after that. This is very tedious but better than having to sort through a long lit of that shouldn't be on the report. I hope they find the issue and fix it some so we can have the correct functionality of these reports back.

• Bob K.
    Bob K. Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is October 12 and this issue is still not fixed. I do appreciate the work-around by sorting by memo. I use the memo feature quite often for another way of sorting reports. Thanks for the tip.

• tedmc
    tedmc Member
    Options

Still not working Nov 02.

In late Sep/early Oct I spent several hours on a call with Quicken support on this issue. They would not acknowledge that it was a known problem.

Work around is to export and work in Excel…NOT a good solution.

• Spider43
    Spider43 Member
    Options

I have used this function matching transaction via "Memo contains" for over 25 years. It is unacceptable that it currently does not function.

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I've recently found my reports that use memo matching broken as well. Dont know what happened and when as they are year-end kinda reports.

• sometimes
    Options

I'm seeing this issue today as well - not too impressed that it's been outstanding this long

Any official word on this yet?
    Pretty simple tool that I'm sure a lot of us rely on.

• cbohne
    cbohne Member
    Options

+1

Still broken. Not having this ability adds a lot of time to working with data. Have to dump it out to excel and further process there for filtering.

Would be nice if they could just go back and look at who broke it and get them to patch and get this feature working again.

• S. Weston
    S. Weston Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe we all should bring it to Quicken CEO, Eric Dunn's attention. It truly seems that Quicken is not working on it.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericdunn1/

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

The memo filtering issue is fixed in the latest QW version: R53.16. Working again for me.

Get the new version here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

This discussion has been closed.