I deleted my QMac repeating paycheck entry in Bills & Income.

Options
Steve Les
Steve Les Member

I just retired and deleted my repeating paycheck entry in Bills & Income screen. Now ALL of the historical entries on my Checking register are showing as Uncategorized.
Help!

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Well, that shouldn't be possible, but I'm not doubting what you're saying. I would quickly revert to a backup from before this happened. Then you can try some things to see if the problem recurs or not.

Are you saying every transaction in your checking register is uncategorized? Or is it every paycheck deposit transaction? Does this go back to the beginning of the account, or just over a certain times range? Did your paycheck deposit transaction have splits for gross pay and various deductions — and are the splits completely gone now?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Steve Les
    Options

I used the Delete Series option in the Bills & Income entry maintenance and I trusted it not to touch the entries already posted to a register. The backups in the ~/Library/Application Support/Quicken folder don't appear to retain a file copy every time I exit the app. Some are there, but not as many as I would expect. I'm checking my other backup drive. I went back a year and all of the Paycheck entries show as Uncategorized. I will go back further just to confirm. The Paycheck entry on the Bills & Income screen had several category splits (which I no longer need going forward). But in the Checking account history each Paycheck entry could have been adjusted depending on several factors. If the splits are still in the file, then I can't see them.

Thanks, Jacobs.

This discussion has been closed.