Total column on "My Reports" page

Options
JoeyMaggard
JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports (Mac)

In QMac, is there a way to show the total line from a report as a column on the "My Reports" page?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. The My Reports page is simply a list of reports you have customized and saved. You want to see the total of each report on this page? I don't see that being a possibility, because Quicken would need to refresh every report after every transaction entry or edit. Some people may have 10 reports and some may have 100 or more, and the program would slow to a crawl refreshing the total for every report after every transaction. Additionally, some reports don't have a single clear total — such as a comparison report or a tax report — and some reports don't have a total that would be meaningful — such as a category summary by year for the past 10 years.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response. I guess I didn't realize the reports were dynamically generated. I was thinking of them more like a spreadsheet. Obviously, some reports don't have totals. I'm probably not using them right, maybe I can figure out a way to see what I want with something besides reports. Maybe tags or something. Thanks again. At least now I know that reports won't do what I need.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you explain what you're trying to see, perhaps someone here can suggest a way for you to get what you're looking for.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.