importing old Discover credit card data beyond 90 days (edit)

Options

I recently had to remove and re-add a credit card account from Discover as it was no longer logging in and updating transactions. When I added the card into my account it only imported 90 days of history from Discover's server. This is really frustrating as I lost the ability to track expenses and trends over a long time period.

Is there any way to force Quicken to pull a fuller history from Discover or for me to download the history locally and add it to the Discover account?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

so you totally deleted the Discover Quicken account vs just deactivate ?

The 90 days of transactions is usually what is made avail - beyond that you need to perform a manual download from the Discover online website…. IF they support manual downloading of transactions within a specified date range and IF they support the downloading in the Quicken QFX data format - the entry below indicates they DO NOT SUPPORT this

Not sure which Discover entry you have used to setup your Quicken account -
    but they only support the One Step Update download, and not the manual downloading option

07101 07101 07101 Discover Card
    https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_main 1-877-742-7822
    https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/registration/reg/goto?forwardName=reghome
    ACTIVE CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Financial institutions control for how far back they will download transactions. 90 days is a common time period for many of them. There is nothing we users can do to change that.

Some financial institutions support the Web Connect (WC) method which allows for a more customized manual transaction download process. But it does not appear that Discover Card supports WC so that option is not available in this case.

From my perspective that leaves three options for you:

1. Restore a recent backup file that still includes the now deleted account. Then update that file to get all your other accounts up-to-date followed by a troubleshooting process to try to get your Discover Card account to download properly, again.
    2. Or, to manually enter the missing transactions into the Discover Card account in your current data file.
    3. Or, to simply use the current data file as is with just the last 90 days of transactions in the Discover Card account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.