Minimum balance alerts, etc. are no longer available in Canadian version - Please bring back!

Options

I am using Quicken for Windows (Canadian version) and have downloaded the update today so I have the latest version: R52.20

I have been using Quicken daily since at least 1996 and am very familiar with its features.

I have already chatted today with your support staff and was told that the Alerts Centre Setup for Banking is not available in the Canadian version. I used this in the past for many years. I noticed it was gone in the last year or so but cannot give you a date when it changed; even though I use Quicken at least once a day my life has been very busy so that date of change is not available.

I also noticed that there was a message yesterday from aslot123 about the Mac version on the exact same topic:

Minimum balance alert

aslot123 Member ✭✭September 20

A number of checking accounts require minimum account balances in order to avoid a service fee charged to the account.

It would be very helpful to have a warning in Quicken to help avoid bank fees.

The alert/warning could be simple (pop-up message, color-code, flag, etc.), triggered when the projected balance in an account dips below a configured minimum in the future. This would allow for proper steps to be taken (i.e. money transferred to the account) to avoid the fee ahead of that date.

For example, if I have a checking account where the minimum daily running balance required to avoid a monthly fee is $1,500, I would like Quicken to alert me when my projected balance dips below that amount. I can then set up a transfer from a savings account to ensure the checking account is properly funded to avoid actually dipping below the minimum balance and incurring a fee.

Tagged: 

Before receiving the confirmation from your support staff that the banking alerts are not available in the Canadian version, I looked in the Quicken help files. This is what the American version should look like:

This is what the Canadian version looks like:

As you can see - no banking alerts except savings goals but absolutely no Account minimum balances, maximum balances, credit card limits, check reorder notice, etc.

These used to be available to Canadians. Please be fair to Canadians and bring back Banking alerts - all options!

Thank you!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which feature level of Quicken for Windows, Canadian version, are you running? Starter Edition, Deluxe or Home&Business?
    Did you, at any point in time, downgrade your subscription from a higher feature level to a lower one?

• TrishCanada
    TrishCanada Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been using Quicken Home & Business for many years and have never downgraded.

The Quicken support staff told me yesterday that they cannot access these alert features in their Quicken Canadian version. I believe that speaks for itself - the banking alert features have been removed from the Canadian version for some reason.

Thanks for your enquiry - it is often a lot of detective work!

This discussion has been closed.