Chase account would not update? Quicken will not open Chase website to reauthenicate.

Options

Chase account would not automatic update. Removed automatic update. Attempted to set up automatic update, Quicken will not open Chase website, connection issue error? WHY? Why do quicken accounts keep not updating?

Comments

• streetbc175
    Options

So folks here is the fix BUT be careful as Quicken "link to existing" account links in my case were pointing to the wrong accounts? What a nightmare! In Online services I unlinked all my chase accounts, removed the finical institution link from all my chase accounts as well as the account numbers. Then I linked one Chase account to quicken. I trusted Quicken and agreed with "link to existing" without verifying the links so Quicken sent the transaction to the wrong accounts! Boy did I learn that you should check your "link to existing" links to be sure they are actually linking the transactions to the proper account.

• Dave Marshall
    Dave Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Chase accounts are not updating. Even after resetting them. Please fix.

• mdenny4062
    Options

First my home depot commercial credit card would not download transactions and now Chase accounts will not download. For the home depot issue it is known by quicken for almost two months and no resolution and now the problem with Chase accounts. What is happening at quicken? Without downloading transactions it is nearly useless to me.

• dlovatt
    dlovatt Member ✭✭
    Options

Having a similar isue that I am unable to get my Chase account to download transations. I go thru the authentication process and it is selecting the wrong account (a Fidelity Account) and then is say to not add to Quciken. You are not given an option to select the account in Quicken that you want to link to. I have tried removing the set-up on the Chase side, removed all account numbers and left the account name as Chase (you can't leave that field blank) and it does not work.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In another discussion on the same subject matter, a user described this solution:
    When you are on the panel giving you the ADD / LINK selection with an obvious wrong account choice, change the selection to ADD and tab to the next field. Go back to the ADD selection field and change it back to LINK. The mini-selection list of accounts to link to should now be populated correctly. Select the correct account register and proceed to the next account listed.

• dlovatt
    dlovatt Member ✭✭
    Options

The

The options to add and change to link are not available. Where normally you get a drop down of your account and the option to link they are un-changable fields.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That seems to indicate that Quicken thinks that the account is already connected somehow.
    You'd have to deactivate the account first in Quicken before you can activate it again and link it to the register.

• dlovatt
    dlovatt Member ✭✭
    Options

As far as I can tell the account is not activated for any online set-up.

• SDG is me
    SDG is me Member ✭✭
    Options

Chase Amazon card stopped automatic updates a while back and have been dumping transactions into document file manually since. Now it won’t accept those dumps. Get messages — Unable to Read Selected Web file or Could not Import… QIF”. And when I attempt to connect to Chase via Quicken to do a setup by signing in to Chase it takes me to a blank Chase page that freezes. Also, I have no authentication tab on left side of Chase account page.

Thanks for letting me share.

• stanray
    stanray Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This kind of stuff makes me want to punch something. The infamous CC-8 something something struck a week ago and so I patiently waited for "the fix" to appear. Followed the instructions (done this before) and VOILÀ, 4 years of savings, checking, investment, and credit card information is all hosed up. I am getting really sick and tired of logging in some morning only to have this stuff pop up. Does anyone at Quicken test this before they push the crap out the door? All we ask for is that the stuff work. Is that too much to ask for? I've used Quicken since it was DOS and this is the worst I've ever seen. Do you suppose you are trying to do to much? K.I.S.S is something maybe you should look at. FIX The DA??ED PROBLEMS before you push them out as "Updates" and "Enhancements".

• Cally
    Cally Member
    Options

Same problem. Won't download from Quicken. Won't do it from Citibank either. For Citibank, I had down download to excel and then import. I will try this and see if it works for Chase if I have that option. Since Intuit left Quicken it has had a myriad of problems.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will state that Chase messed up their QIF export file at least a year or more ago. And now recently they messed up the QFX export file.

As an example of the messed up QIF file, here are two transactions on a QIF file I just downloaded:

C*
    D10/31/2023
    NN/A
    PHOBBY-LOBBY #889
    T12.20

C*
    D10/31/2023
    NN/A
    PHOBBY-LOBBY #889
    T32.45

The problem is this is what it should have been

D10/31/2023
    NN/A
    PHOBBY-LOBBY #889
    T12.20
    ^
    C*
    D10/31/2023
    NN/A
    PHOBBY-LOBBY #889
    T32.45
    ^

The ^ terminates the transaction data section.

On the subject of authorizing the Express Web Connect + connection that is giving you a blank webpage. I would suggest try setting a different web browser as your default web browser. I use Microsoft Edge and it is working for me.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Linda Rickus Perry
    Options

Not only can I not get chase to authenticate but I now get stuck in a loop where it keeps going back and asking me to authenticate chase accounts even if I am not downloading a chase account. At one point my balances got all messed up. Found it had changed my opening balances on several of my accounts. Once we discovered that I changed the balances back and now my accounts have the correct balance but I still can't download transactions.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Linda Rickus Perry I would suggest if you haven't already done so to contact Quicken support on it. For complicated problems like this direct interactions are probably better. And that goes for anyone else that is buried in such a deep confusing situation.

Signature:
  • SDG is me
    SDG is me Member ✭✭
    Options

Chris_QPW … Much appreciated. I use Firefox and, per your suggestion, I opened and successfully downloaded QFX file via Chrome. All that aggravation for naught. SDG

• Cally
    Cally Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

[Removed - No Soliciting]

• Linda Rickus Perry
    Options

@Chris_QPW thanks I did contact quicken support. They are telling me that chase no longer allows different user names to be downloaded on the same quicken file. In other words, for chase I have a user name and sign in for me and a different one for my husband. They are saying I can no longer have both of these accounts on the same quicken file. I called chase and they said that is not true. Today with quicken support we set up a copy of my quicken file and I reactivated all of my accounts. chase worked when I only had my sign in activated but when I activated my husbands sign in, it stopped working. I also can no longer set up online my american express accounts as of today since we set up this new quicken file….this is exhausting and I don't know where to turn to now.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know what to tell you other than I download with both my Chase accounts and my wife's without any problems. We have both banking (checking/credit cards) and investment accounts.

Note that Chase did fix the QFX file.

Signature:
  • Linda Rickus Perry
    Options

thanks I just reset it up and will see if it works in the next few days. When did CHase fix the QFX file?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They fixed the QFX file on November 4th.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.