Completely Delete investment account (Q Mac)

Options
QknBoulder
QknBoulder Member

I want to close/delete an old investment account which is hidden. I no longer want to see any trace of it. I keep on getting this annoying message

This account has securities balances, please clear the securities before you close te account

I have no idea which security it refers to, and I do not care, I want to remove the whole bloody account.

It seems that I am not the only frustrateed Quicken user, and could not find a compreesible solution.

thanks

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you want to delete the account and all its history, just delete the account. Click the account in the left sidebar and select Accounts > Delete Account. Or Control-click the account name in the left sidebar and select Delete from the pop-up menu.

If you use Quicken mobile or web, make sure you do Accounts > Sync to mobile after doing this, so the account doesn't exist in the Quicken Cloud. (In fact, I'd probably take a stronger action and go to Preferences > Connected Services and click Reset to create a new Cloud account from your current desktop file.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.